How long did you lurk before you started participating in the forum?

I googled a very specific problem and this site popped up with a thread addressing basically the same thing.

I was so excited to have found the forum that I got involved right away.

Accidently broke some forum rules, but got comfortable posting pretty fast.

How about you?

8 Likes

I pretty much started interacting as soon as I found the place, too!

3 Likes

Once I was seriously considering sz as a possibility, I looked it up and stumbled here. Posted immediately.

4 Likes

I was looking for a mental health board for ages. Tried a couple of others over the years and they never were that active. Like a few posts a month kinda thing. I signed up here when I found people talking about lurasidone I think, and I’m still here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Similar story. Was browsing questions on google, unsatisfied by other places I had encountered. Got some questions answered by lurking here, maybe a month.

Tossed in my chips with you lot and keep coming back every day.

5 Likes

I posted right away

3 Likes

i lurked for a couple of months. But then i thought why not post also… so i did =D

3 Likes

I lurked for about a year or so.

3 Likes

I posted pretty much right away.

3 Likes

As soon as I found this site I started posting right away too.

3 Likes

I looked something up on Google, I can’t remember what, and I stumbled across this website. I read through it for a few days to try and get a feel for it, what it was like, I like it so I then signed up.

I’m glad I found it because prior to this website I had no social life. I have no friends or a girlfriend for over a decade. People wanted nothing to do with me after I told them I have schizophrenia.

4 Likes

I lurked for one month before being a registered user.

3 Likes

I started posting straight away

Had lots of questions for you all

3 Likes

Lurked, never posted, for 4 months.

3 Likes

I think about six months. I was reading couple times per week.

3 Likes

I joined right away

5 Likes

Same for me. I was having symptoms that were hard to deal with, and in my desperation I googled ‘schizophrenia forum’. Clicked on a handful of links and went for the one that seemed the most active.
Browsed for about 10 minutes, then made my first thread.

5 Likes

I came here for the free booze and dancing girls.

When that didn’t work out, I decided to stay anyways. :wink:

But no, I participated frantically right away when I found this forum. I had finally found a place where other people were going through the same thing as me.

I thought my experience with Sz was unique to me, and it was reassuring to know I wasn’t the only one.

4 Likes

Nah i just started typing away. Originally i wanted my username to be moonbeam, but obvs it was too close to moonbeamer.

3 Likes

Skunks lurk for a little while but then I learned you guys are awesome and the site has firm moderators which made me feel safe.

I busted a whole bunch of rules when I became a full member. That’s how ya learn.

3 Likes