How long did you lurk before you started participating in the forum?

I was just sad and angry… And I didn´t know my “new self” that well. I just came here and my first (and long) introductory post was flagged.

I was here at the start :heartpulse:

1 Like

My very first post was flagged and I received a warning.

1 Like

I found answers to questions about negative symptoms here

I saw that it was a very active forum so I decided to join and post my own experiences which were replied to quite well

2 Likes

I was muted on my first day because SzAdmin thought I wasn’t sz.

3 Likes

I joined back in 2017.

It was a few days after Christmas and I was trying to get through the holidays with some pretty bad cognitive and negative symptoms following my psychotic break. It felt like I couldn’t think and that I had no personality or sense of humor anymore.

I was googling my post-psychosis symptoms when I found a post on this forum.

I think I lurked for a few months before I responded to a post by Anna.

2 Likes

I think I posted fairly early. Don’t remember for sure but I think I posted right away.

2 Likes

You can be muted for not having sz?

I lurked for about 4 months but still go through phases of just lurking. I don’t always have a lot to say.

1 Like

It was a misunderstanding. They thought I was a nornie asking stuff about sz, from what I recollect

it took me a long, long time before i started posting, it was very minimal when i did, i tried writing poems in the creative area , i lurked bc i was too paranoid and had blunt effect as well as absence of thought, it took a while.

2 Likes

I posted right away. Some poems.

1 Like

I was researching schizophrenia in 2009 and stumbled onto the old forums.
I had never been on a message board or in a chat room before and wasn’t even sure how they worked.
Someone asked a question about employment and I thought, “Well, that’s right up my alley”, so I answered and it seemed to help the person so I came back awhile later and answered some more questions. At first I only came on about every two or three weeks, than it turned into once a week and I would only stay on the forum for 15 minutes or so but soon I was hooked and now I come on all the time and kind of go back and forth between here and YouTube.

1 Like

What did you say that got flagged? Maybe times have changed and it won’t get flagged now.

1 Like

My boss Vlad Putin wanted me to spy out the site but I was engrossed and quit being his spy and started posting

1 Like

I kind of remember wondering after i was diagnosed if there was a schizophrenia.com bc there was a dotcom everything else, ‘and there was’ to my astonishment, the chat client was active and i was just starting to get active on it when it was pulled and the next software was introduced. I reckon if the chat client had kept going i would have got more confident chatting alot quicker

1 Like

I joined in 2016 originally, made one post and was too paranoid back then to come back, it took til 2020 to get the courage to be exposed on the internet for me.

2 Likes

I was trying to promote my book when I found this site and my very first post was asking how I could share my book…brian I think is his name that owns the site put up the first thirty pages of my book on the success stories section which is gone now or they don’t mention me anymore one or another…anyways…I found my ex wife who was also schizophrenic…not a good idea…and now I’m getting married to a normal…haha…I posted right away.

3 Likes

I’m not one for lurking. I just posted right away back in August 2018.

2 Likes

I recommended a member try weed for their anxiety.

Made sense to me as it works for my anxiety,

But it was immediately flagged and I was sent a pretty sassy warning.

2 Likes