How is the experience with akathesia?

I used to get akathesia on all medications, but how did you guys cope with it? The fidgeting around sleepy but body won’t stay still and when you sleep you wake up in a panic attack.

The few twitches I get on Paliperidone pretty much stop when I supplement Magnesium, Calcium and Potassium.

1 Like

Horrible. Lol. I coped with it by going off the meds that caused it for me :joy: Not always (note-pretty much never) with doctor supervision. Not wise. 20/20 hindsight lol.

Benzos were all that helped and of course they aren’t ideal to be on long term as many here could tell you.

1 Like

Yeah benzos are dangerous imo

I like benzos… Any way what is anathakisia?

1 Like

It’s kind of like severe agitation where you can’t stop moving but want to sleep in my point of view.

2 Likes

I had suicidal ideation because of akathisia.

2 Likes

I have the experience before, I can’t watch TV, movie and read book, but I don’t have the symptoms now. I don’t know if I conquer it psychologically or because I eat less medicine than before. Wish you good luck

1 Like

When I stand up I shift weight from one leg to the other. I can’t stay still. This is a new form of akathisia for me. In the previous episode of akathisia I couldn’t stay still at all. So this is a lighter version of akathisia.

2 Likes

Don’t pay too much attention to your feeling, this may be helpful to you. Communicate with people and try to make yourself busy

2 Likes

Thank you alot I’ll try to exercise or so hopefully that helps.

You are welcome and wish you good luck and healthy

1 Like

I get akithesia in my feet at night, in bed sometimes. I use ice packs on my feet at night to get rid of the akithesia. Believe it or not, it helps me to sleep. Seems like it works just to freeze the akithesia away.

1 Like

It calms the nerves downs I think