Anyone ever experience drastic thoughts when they have had akathisia?

Like suicidal type thoughts? Have barely slept in days and the time pressure to move my legs is just kinda too much.

I don’t have a sincere wish to die but I do want this to stop. The thought of another night like this is just awful

That sounds severe. Especially if you can’t sleep. I’d let them know as soon as possible as the weekend is approaching fast and nobody will be around.

1 Like

I had that for almost a week with zyprexa. Before I got appoitment I even went to hospital for that, but they couldn’t really do anything for it there. Hope you get to see doc as soon as possible.

1 Like

I would ask your pdoc for some benzos in the meantime

1 Like

Gonna get onto the gp first thing.

1 Like

Akithisa is really hard. I only had it lightly from Haldol…I would tap my right leg constantly. I got rid of it with Benadryl and cogentin…hope you find some relief…definitely tell somebody

1 Like

Hope the doctor gets you straightened out @anon94176359. Sounds like you’re really suffering.

1 Like

So my nurse is speaking to my pdoc this afternoon and is getting back to me in a couple of hours. Hopefully some meds should be in place before the weekend. I said at least I would need something or else I would have a really bad weekend

2 Likes

When I had akathesia I had suicidal thoughts because of it. I couldn’t stand it

1 Like

Yeah thoughts of suicide have gone through my head too @Om_Sadasiva. Is pretty much torture

I know. I had mentioned it to pdoc and gave me a pill for it and it stopped. It didn’t last many days.

1 Like

Have had it since Sunday. I managed to get sleep last night which was good. But is really hard going

1 Like

Akathisia is no joke. I was pacing uncontrollably for a week or two on one of the antipsychotics we tried, doctor agreed I had to come off of it.

I was very afraid of it being permanent, but it very rarely is. Generally the doctor needs to figure out which med is causing it and lower the dose or eliminate it. Just keep in mind that it won’t last forever.

1 Like

Problem is this is from a depot. It is in my system for at least 6 weeks.

1 Like

That’s why I dont get injections.

You cant get the ■■■■ out of u if need be

2 Likes

Is akathesia similar to intense restless legs

1 Like

Is much worse, restless leg symtoms is a joke… I have it and it doesn’t bother me

1 Like

hope it’s a quick fix

I hate to hear of your suffering

1 Like

Yes but is it just a mor intense form of restless legz

1 Like

Restless body. The lucky ones can dance all night

1 Like