How do you settle your mind down?

My mind has alot going on in it and it aint all good things.

I usually up my meds. If my mind starts going it never ends well. I usually end up hospitalized if the med increase doesn’t work.

2 Likes

Exercise. Breaking a good sweat eases the mind.

2 Likes

It feels like I’m some thought computer server, with a never ending anxiety program running.

Focus on breathing. Just focus on the air coming in and out of your nose. Thats what i do anyways, it works about 50% of the time.

1 Like

Yeah breathing, that works sometimes, thanks.

You and me both, what I’d give to be able to have a cup of tea and some soothing classical music at 9 PM and daintily lay down in bed at 10 PM after brushing and gently drift off to sleep, but it’s like my mind is always playing heavy metal in the background and a part of me is always amped. I live with insomnia because I can’t sleep unless I crash from exhaustion. I have schizoaffective disorder, as opposed to schizophrenia, so mania might be part of it.

I envy my grandparents’ bedtime routine. I just can’t have a “bed time” because I lie awake staring at the ceiling. Sorry, this probably isn’t a very helpful reply, just wanted you to know I have trouble with it too.

I’ve found limited success using YouTube videos of calming ocean sounds and keeping that on while I try to fall asleep.

1 Like

Video games like Microsoft Zoo.
These days the zoos are closed so we can pretend to go there and play with calming cute animals.
Play the easy kiddie games that are colorful and take your mind off reality.

When it gets really bad I take a Ativan, but try not to get hooked on them

On occasion, I gorge myself with food. However, not all the time.

Sleep is my cure. It’s the only thing I can do to get a break

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.