How do you rate schizophrenia

how do you rate it…

2 Likes

If it wasn’t schizophrenia it would be something else.

1 Like

1 out of 5, would get sick again

7 Likes

On a scale from 1-10 ?

I give it a 5.5

1 Like

On a scale of 0-10 I definitely give it a 0. It stinks, it sucks. I can’t say enough terrible things about it.

3 Likes

We are so darned dependent!

1 Like

On a scale of celery to chocolate cake it would be around green bell pepper.

7 Likes

When I was in the throes of my psychosis and depression, I would have given it a zero. But, now that I’m recovered, I give it more like a 7.

2 Likes

I give it a 6 kinda interferes with function, but it’s part of me and it inspires me in a strange way.

3 Likes

Idk, like a 4/10. Really annoying and debilitating enough, but it’s the anxiety that’s grown around it that’s really the debilitating part.

1 Like

I give it like a 7/10. It interferes with my ability to live how I want, but getting sick taught me how to have compassion for others. And now, my entire career is based on helping others with MI.

4 Likes

I give it a 2/10. 1 point of that score is due to life-changing metaphysical experiences, another point is for the companionship of the voices that seem too unique to be my own imagination.

If I could have some of those voices on speed-dial and have my mental privacy 100% back, I would do that in a heartbeat. I got ■■■■ to do in the real world, can’t be spending all of it in some trance, arguing.

2 Likes

This should be a poll

1 Like

Rather have it than blindness, paraplegia, or ALS.

2 Likes

On a scale of 1-10 it’s worse than leprosy and elephantiasis. Combined.

But better than sitting though a Taylor Swift concert.

3 Likes

10/10. I rather be blind and have no mental illness.

3 Likes

10/10 As bad as brain cancer except most of us will probably commit suicide or live a nightmare for the rest of our poor sad lives.

My mother was completely blind and unemployable. Also, I’m a photographer – being blind would be a hinderence. SZ isn’t.

1 Like

Doesn’t have to be that way. Things change. People change.

3 Likes

I think most of us on this forum are fairly high functioning and won’t commit suicide, but are lives are nightmarish. Even for those of us that can live a regular life for the most part will have lived a much better life without voices. Voices in my opinion are like parasites that they latch on to your life and suck away at your life.

1 Like