How do you feel about going to funeral services?

I’m not going to one that’s happening, it’s a very distant relative via some marriage, but others in my family are going.

Part of me feels bad for not going. I hope there’s no repercussions from me not going.

1 Like

I don’t go anywhere including funerals, not having a funeral for myself when the time comes

2 Likes

I haven’t been to one for maaaaaanyyyy years. But when I went in the past it was really depressive, even when attended the person’s I hardly knew. Hate funerals.

2 Likes

Funerals are the worst. But you might regret not going if it’s someone close to you.

2 Likes

Depends on what the person was like when they were alive I find.

My Nana’s funeral was good, everyone was cheerful and good spirited because that’s how she was when she was alive. Mr Turtle’s granmother’s funeral last year was boring and odd. The eulogy was all about one of her daughters who is still alive. And the people were boring and weird.

1 Like

not having a funeral for myself when the time comes

Hmmm. Interesting.

1 Like

why interesting?

I never considered that. And I think that’s how I’d like to go out too. No fuss.

2 Likes

maybe with any luck we would be no shows anyway

4 Likes

I wouldnt feel bad about not attending a funeral but my sister is getting married soon and i have an extreme desire not to attend.

1 Like

I would love to be buried in the “life pot”. It’s a biodegradable pot with a tree seed growing on your ashes. I saw it on the internet. No coffin, no funeral, just a tree. I would last forever… or maybe they would build another supermarket on the place where I would grow, heh…:wink:

1 Like

I wouldn’t know wut it’s like going to funeral services. Cause the only one I’m going to is my own

1 Like

I have such low self esteem that I would consider it disprespectful to the dead if I were to show up at a funeral. I grew up in an Italian neighborhood. I’ve been to mob funerals and I always felt unwanted. They is after I became nuts.

2 Likes

It’s been a super long time since I’ve attended a funeral. The last one was for my grandpa and before that my Finnish great grandmother. They were nice but they were Finnished.

1 Like

I will go to my brother’s funeral. I get nervous in crowds, but he’s my brother.

I didn’t go to grandma’s funeral. I will visit her grave though, one day.

I spoke at my brother’s funeral. It was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. I broke down several times trying to get through what I had written.

1 Like

Fine. I have zero feelings at funerals. Even funerals of close relatives, like my mother, father, son, etc…

1 Like