How do you deal with depersonalisation

how do you deal with depersonalisation…meds? therapy? CBT?

what works

Therapy and supplements. Mindfulness helps a lot.

1 Like

I suffer from derealization which is similar. I don’t think there’s a cure for it, but when it happens (occasionally) I usually sleep it off.

1 Like

it stresses me out…I cant escape it…feels like a bad paranoid dream…does my head in

What meds are you on? And what dose?

im on 800mg quetiapine and 6mg invega

I also experience derealization. A friend of mine said that she has derealization all the time for years. It must be really tough

@StonePaperScissors @Om_Sadasiva…whats the difference between derealisation and depersonalisation?

No big difference. Google it. Out of your self. Out of reality. All are dream like. You become a witness of yourself

1 Like

Derealization is feeling disconnected from your surroundings. So things and places seem u familiar and distant. Also I get mind fog and sometimes intrusive thoughts with a derealization panic attack. I think depersonalisation is more of an out of body experience. And losing emotions. Google it.

1 Like

depersonalisation to me feels like im kinda out of my head having a bad paranoid dream…my perceptions change…im kinda out of my head and the voices become very abusive…its very stressful

3 Likes

I get derealization I am not really sure how to deal with it yet but I will hopefully start therapy soon. It sort of feels like I just live in some sort of dream. I woke up from a dream this morning and I felt so off. It’s been happening a lot lately I’ve had some very odd dreams and feeling very weird when I wake up it continues throughout the day. I really wish I just felt normal again but my psychiatrist said it’s good that I notice that some of my thinking is delusional.

1 Like

I think finding ways to deal with anxiety and stress might help reduce depersonalisation.
But that’s easier said than done.
I don’t know if it’s possible. It might be.
I haven’t found a way to deal with it up to now.

It feels like I’m in a different realm of existence with derelaisation. Things don’t feel like they normally do. Even the surroundings, not just the people. The whole entire atmosphere feels different and I myself may not necessarily feel depersonalised in those circumstances.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.