How do you afford therapy and psychiatrists?

I have Medicare but my copay per visit is $40. I only go about once a month to see either my therapist or nurse practitioner. They are thinking of having my primary doctor manage my meds which would probably cut costs more.

1 Like

I’m on private insurance and my states public insurance. Things are still expensive though but my family is lucky enough to afford it

1 Like

its on the nhs…

1 Like

I can’t afford therapy. Medicare pays for most of my psychiatrist appointments. In Virginia they had something called the CSB, or community services board, but they don’t have that here in California.

1 Like

British - So NHS. Tho i refused therapy “for the voices” - cos i concluded it was a load of bollox.

1 Like

I am low income so I have Medicaid. My pdoc and therapist are paid by the state

I have hubby’s insurance and Medicare. I see my psychiatric nurse practitioner every 4-6 weeks. Therapist is every other week.

1 Like

Right now, in many states, mental health services are free because of the pandemic.

1 Like

NHS pays for everything I need. All I have to do is contribute to prescriptions and the rest is covered.

2 Likes

I’m on disability, so I also am on Medicaid/Medicare. So I don’t pay anything for my treatments.

1 Like

medicare and its copays here

1 Like

Good insurance. primary and secondary insurance

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.