How do you accept schizophrenia?

And that its part of your new worse personality. It made your personality worse.

3 Likes

I only half accept it. Half acceptance, half fighting it in whatever way I can.

5 Likes

Same as above. I only accept I am liable to symptoms of psychosis, otherwise I do what I can to make sure I don’t go through to a bad place

2 Likes

I accept it fully, I see the light in hope because there’s new medication; I hope SEP-363856 will cure me 100% (if that won’t work, I still have hope in new better medication which will come in future) :slight_smile:

5 Likes

i accepted it mostly now but not completely… i still have my struggles with it

1 Like

I’d say that stopping using schizophrenia as an excuse not to do anything or for being violent.

Take responsibility for yourself and your actions because the only person who can do anything about our predicament is ourselves.

3 Likes

i haven’t still completely accepted it even after 30 yrs.

i think i self inflicted it or i pulled it over myself.

anyways i dont want to have it forever.

i want to get healed from it and yes i will with meds or no meds

Good luck to all

God bless

1 Like

For me, it hasn’t affected my personality. Maybe dimmed my outlook on life, but not my personality. But I have a personality disorder (Schizoid) of which there is overlap. Hard to explain it to others. You kind of have to be in my head.

1 Like

I don’t accept schizophrenia, I hate it so much. When I hear the voices or get intrusive thoughts I remember the pleasures I took for granted like the sweet silence and autonomy of my thoughts. Now I struggle like I’m at war. I am basically living in survival mode atm. I just try to be resourceful to prevent losing all hope.

2 Likes

I still believe it’s a symptom of intolerable abusive people, you’ve had to be around. When they find out, they get even more abusive.

2 Likes

I gave up on trying medications as I tried many and my pstchiatrist won’t let me change meds anymore saying that new meds and previous meds might stop working.

1 Like

I have no control on myself, do you get it?

1 Like

Its hard to get it when you don’t have it like me.

1 Like

Did you see how many szics are violent on the media? Its not as easy as you think. I wish it was!!

1 Like

I feel the same, many here don’t understand what I am going through and what I am feeling.

1 Like

Me too I try to not kill myself and to not become violent.

2 Likes

Your violence isn’t psychosis related anymore! It is an anger management or personality disorder more likely. The violence form szs seen in the media is psychosis related.

Maybe you are just a violent person or have a personality disorder that causes it. If you can honestly do nothing about it because you have an aversion to therapy possibly because they force you to take responsibility for yourself which you are unprepared to do then perhaps further investigation into your personality might identify the cause of it.

I didn’t have anger issues before my 1st psychosis.

1 Like

I feel that psychosis caused brain damage and change in my personality for the worse.

Its hard to explain.