How did you arrive at your dose for AP?

I go back at the end of the month and one of us is going to lower it him or me. My whole body and mind feels completely out of sorts

1 Like

I had a series of psychiatric residents that I saw for about four years. That’s how they ran the outpatient psych office of the university teaching hospital in my city. They had me on megadoses of seven different meds, and I was worse than ever.

Finally I had enough and fired them, and started seeing my current pdoc, even though she doesn’t participate with any insurances and I have to pay for her out of pocket. She has me on the right cocktail, and I am nowhere near the max doses of the three meds I take (Zyprexa/Lamictal/Lexapro). So worth the change! Pdocs should ALWAYS listen to you!

1 Like

Hi @anon4362788 your profile is public hidden so i want ask you from here if you dont mind. Have you got any tingling sensation at your nerves where you shot? Thank you in advance🌄

Nope. Pain, but it dies down. Stays low key sore.

How long have you been this injection?

About a year. Little more.

1 Like

Ok thanks for feedback

Anna,
I’m just the opposite. … I need max plus doses. ALWAYS stand up for yourself. I’m sorry you had to live through that. But, I’m proud of you! :hugs:

After spending the first six years taking small doses and trying to come off of meds completely I finally figured out I needed the maximum dose. It took a while.

1 Like

Last time I was off my regular meds I had a hard time.
So when I went back to my pdoc, I asked for a strong dose of Fanapt and Seroquel to help me sleep at night.
Been fine since.

My x boyfriend came with me to my then Dr and asked the dr to up my dose.

I was so good and stable that the next Dr I had lowered my dose and I’m still so good and stable that I might lower it a bit more.

I noticed I’m not delusional anymore and not psychotic at all either actually.

I am so good and stable on 80 mg latuda.

I’m rather happy actually.
I am able to do some activities and am doing really well.

I have been on quiet many different medications.cant even remember all of the names but latuda is great I reckon.
Not as much weight gain as the others either.

Olanzapine was good too but was more sedating and I kind of drewled almost and gained 24 kg eating a normal healthy diet.

I might try going down to 60mg.

How accurate was the genesight test? What is your experience on seroquel? Any side effect? Can you focus on seroquel?

1 Like

Do you have positive symptoms?

Well it wasn’t until after 10 years of constantly changing medicine. For most of the time I’ve been officially psychotic (i.e. diagnosed), I’ve changed cocktails of medicine every three or so months. I’ve been on all of the well known typical antipsychotic medication and many of the atypical ones. I recently had my currrent antipsychotic increased due to a return of hallucinations for the first time in two and a half years. Right now I’m on 12 mg of paliperodone and 1 mg of haloperidol. Other than this recent slip up, I was stable on medicine for two and a half years. So trail and error was my thing. There is a thing called gene-site testing where they can take a cheek swap and test it to determine the medicine that will work best for you. I don’t know how accurate it is, but it’s worked for me since I got it done two and a half years ago.

When I was first sick I was given Olanzapine. I think we went straight up to 20mg as I was in hospital

Amisulpride we started off slow and went up to 800mg, and it seems to work well.

Trial and error. Coming to this board and reading others stories of medication and a shrink who listens.

And…My shrink has seen a lot and is very good. If he gives me a med suggestion then I listen too! It helps if your on the same page!

My doctor spun the roulette wheel and it landed on red 94 risperidone.

2 Likes

The pdoc took a blood sample and I was at the lower intervall. So I werent allowed to lower the dose.

I started with risperdone. Then I moved to invega. Combined it with orap, zyprexa and clozaril for a couple of years. Then moved back to only Invega 12 mg. Then I switched pdocs because he didn’t want to lower my dose. Now I’m on 9 mg.

I started at 40 mg geodon, which was supposed to be a titration dose, but it was effective so they left me on it. I was an idiot and decided that since it was such a low dose, I probably didn’t need it at all. I went off my meds and quickly relapsed. Then they had to dial me all the way up to 180 mg for a few months so I could stabilize. After I was stable, they slowly lowered my dose until my symptoms started coming back, then raised it to the last effective dose. And that’s how I ended up on 80 mg, where I’ve been for over a year. I’ve had no hallucinations since February 2017, but when I tried lowering to 60 mg I had terrible mood swings.