Home Music Production thread

I want to have a keyboard, I find it easier I think. If I have a bad first impression I won´t touch it for years lol

2 Likes

Lol true. Idk do what works for you. I’ve been making music without a keyboard tho for years. I’d start with FL maybe it’s more intuitive I feel

2 Likes

I started to get into him yesterday lol, before I kinda didn´t like the stuff I heard. What are your fav songs?

1 Like

Cool! I like a lot of his songs

Gula
Phantoms can’t hang
Monophobia
Strobe

When I was younger I used to try to copy his style so even now a lot of my piano riffs can be considered similar :slightly_smiling_face: a great artist

3 Likes

Reason and Reaper look very similar. Could i just use reason 12 as a stand alone DAW and not worry about reaper at all? As I can’t get reaper to recognise the midi…

2 Likes

I just mess around on GarageBand sometimes cuz that’s what came with my computer :sweat_smile::

:notes: :control_knobs:

8 Likes

Whaaaat that’s dope. Gonna give it a listen

3 Likes

It’s not great, but it’s honest work :sweat_smile:.

3 Likes

Sounds dope I didn’t know you were into producing. That’s so cool. Hope to hear more. I’ll try to check the rest when I’m on wifi but the first one sounds great. I like the payphone sample

4 Likes

Well thanks @ThePoet :sweat_smile:— they’re pretty old tracks, from like 2006 or something :spider_web:.

I dunno the first thing about music production, but I think if one really enjoys music then everything else will follow eventually :sweat_smile:.

:coin: :coin:

3 Likes

Pretty dope if you ask me… First one is super dark!

3 Likes

Lol damn that’s a throwback and a half :smile::smile:
Yea making music is therapeutic, like a journal

3 Likes

Heya thanks @dreamer54 :dizzy:

(I think your comment was responding to that music post, I can’t see if it is or not for some reason :sweat_smile:).

2 Likes

@labratmat Hey, as it seems you got a Reason 12, you could join this forum, if you need some help with Reason related stuff: ReasonTalk.com - Forum

2 Likes

I hate asio4all drivers :unamused:

I used it with a Cubase 12 Pro trial and it was so laggy.

On Windows you can’t use Splice or Loopcloud due to asio

I use Logic atm but I’m waiting for the FL Studio black Friday sale for my Windows Workstation.

My macbook air has 8gb ram but my Windows laptop has 32gb.

Fl studios Asio driver is different and is less buggy.

I stg Steinberg or another company needs to make new audio drivers.

I already know I’m gonna get vexxed with FL studio cos I’m so used to Logic :rofl:

5 Likes

Guys for what type of music is FL or Ableton better?

1 Like

I think fl is better for hip hop and rap and things centered around drums.

2 Likes

I work exclusively on linux, it has 1000 of free lv2s (sort of vst) and vsts, it takes a lot of tinkering and a tech mind to use though, a free DAW Ardour for recording/mastering and Bitwig for creative processes.

I also bought an analog rytm mki to jam on, it’s a beast

Here’s the music I’ve been making lately, mainly tekno/tribe: Stream Arc4num music | Listen to songs, albums, playlists for free on SoundCloud

I used to make a lot of hip-hop but it bores me these days, might get back into it

5 Likes

Made my first beat on Reason 12. Added synth but haven’t fixed up my mic yet. I need a couple of jacks to do that.

There is a vast array of things to do and choose it is easy to get lost in it.

Great hobby though!

It seems I am a little late in the game as there seems to be loads of you music makers out there! Kudos to you all! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here you go…

3 Likes