Hi peeps I was wondering how many days were u covid positive for?

I’m currently on day 5 and still positive.

When I told my manager the first line was

Oh LittleMissSlothy,

As in she didn’t seem happy.

But when I called covid care the lady on the phone had been positive for 3 weeks!

So what about you peeps?

I think it was 10 or 11 days i got the vaccines and still got it.

2 Likes

I was positive for three and a half weeks.

3 Likes

I was positive up to two weeks after I was diagnosed.

2 Likes

I think you test positive for a while but you don’t spread it after 5 days or so? Someone will correct me if wrong but because you still have the antibodies in your system you test positive for a while. That is how it was explained to me but not really sure of the exact science.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

My daughters tell me you can test positive up to 3 months after getting covid.

1 Like

I never tested positive for Covid but I had it just the same.
My father tested positive for about 3 weeks

1 Like

We were told to quarantine for five days, then test, and if positive and showing symptoms, quarantine for another five days. And so on. I think they go by what symptoms you show, as well as positive test result.

2 Likes

Don’t know how long I was sick the last round. The government didn’t make it easy for normal people to get ahold of rapid tests - just their friends in favoured industries (oil and gas, basically). I felt like a rotting corpse for about a week.

2 Likes

In canada at work we only have to stay home 5 days then can go back regardless. Silly huh :thinking:

2 Likes

I couldn’t afford tests when I had it, but I’d say I was sick for a handful of days, and then had residual symptoms for a week.

My dad was positive for two weeks.

2 Likes

I didn’t do a second test, the rules here were to isolate for seven days after the first positive test. Then if you returned a positive reading in the next 28 days you could ignore it.

1 Like

I’m in Arkansas USA and just tested positive Tuesday evening around 11pm with a free government home test kit. I had Covid symptoms Tuesday morning, but had tested negative Monday evening. In a telehealth visit, my nurse practitioner told me I had Covid, and to do the test again, being sure to go deep into my nose with the swab. I did, and I was positive.

Here you have to stay home five days. If your fever has been gone for 24 hours without any fever reducing medications, you can go out with a mask on. You must wear a mask for five days after you go out.

3 Likes

Lol that’s a joke.

1 Like

I wish you a speedy recovery.

1 Like

I feel under pressure to be covid recovered by this Saturday. If I don’t have a negative reading this Saturday that means missing further days off wrk for a second week. I really don’t want to as my team is always short staffed.

But I can’t be spreading covid at work.

1 Like

i stopped testing because they’re expensive
my husband was for about 9 days

1 Like

I am not vaccinated and never got ill. Except for a minuscule bit of throat ache. Had no possiblity of testing, so just stayed inside till it was gone.

I wouldn’t be too worried about testing. Testing negative again can take forever. My doctor said people often test positive for a long time and you should go by being symptomfree for 24 hours instead. I have read all sorts of different studies…some say asymptomatic people are not or barely contagious, others say they can be. What does your doctor recommend?

1 Like

Unfortunately it is up to my manager at work. She says I can’t come back to work until I get two negative covid results daily in a row! No idea how long that will take though I do feel a little better today

1 Like