Hi peeps I was wondering how many days were u covid positive for?

I’m currently on day 5 and still positive.

When I told my manager the first line was

Oh LittleMissSlothy,

As in she didn’t seem happy.

But when I called covid care the lady on the phone had been positive for 3 weeks!

So what about you peeps?

I think it was 10 or 11 days i got the vaccines and still got it.

2 Likes

I was positive for three and a half weeks.

3 Likes

I was positive up to two weeks after I was diagnosed.

2 Likes

I think you test positive for a while but you don’t spread it after 5 days or so? Someone will correct me if wrong but because you still have the antibodies in your system you test positive for a while. That is how it was explained to me but not really sure of the exact science.

3 Likes

My daughters tell me you can test positive up to 3 months after getting covid.

1 Like

I never tested positive for Covid but I had it just the same.
My father tested positive for about 3 weeks

1 Like

We were told to quarantine for five days, then test, and if positive and showing symptoms, quarantine for another five days. And so on. I think they go by what symptoms you show, as well as positive test result.

2 Likes

Don’t know how long I was sick the last round. The government didn’t make it easy for normal people to get ahold of rapid tests - just their friends in favoured industries (oil and gas, basically). I felt like a rotting corpse for about a week.

2 Likes

In canada at work we only have to stay home 5 days then can go back regardless. Silly huh :thinking:

2 Likes

I couldn’t afford tests when I had it, but I’d say I was sick for a handful of days, and then had residual symptoms for a week.

My dad was positive for two weeks.

2 Likes

I didn’t do a second test, the rules here were to isolate for seven days after the first positive test. Then if you returned a positive reading in the next 28 days you could ignore it.

1 Like

I’m in Arkansas USA and just tested positive Tuesday evening around 11pm with a free government home test kit. I had Covid symptoms Tuesday morning, but had tested negative Monday evening. In a telehealth visit, my nurse practitioner told me I had Covid, and to do the test again, being sure to go deep into my nose with the swab. I did, and I was positive.

Here you have to stay home five days. If your fever has been gone for 24 hours without any fever reducing medications, you can go out with a mask on. You must wear a mask for five days after you go out.

3 Likes

Lol that’s a joke.

1 Like

I wish you a speedy recovery.

1 Like

I feel under pressure to be covid recovered by this Saturday. If I don’t have a negative reading this Saturday that means missing further days off wrk for a second week. I really don’t want to as my team is always short staffed.

But I can’t be spreading covid at work.

1 Like

i stopped testing because they’re expensive
my husband was for about 9 days

1 Like

I am not vaccinated and never got ill. Except for a minuscule bit of throat ache. Had no possiblity of testing, so just stayed inside till it was gone.

I wouldn’t be too worried about testing. Testing negative again can take forever. My doctor said people often test positive for a long time and you should go by being symptomfree for 24 hours instead. I have read all sorts of different studies…some say asymptomatic people are not or barely contagious, others say they can be. What does your doctor recommend?

1 Like

Unfortunately it is up to my manager at work. She says I can’t come back to work until I get two negative covid results daily in a row! No idea how long that will take though I do feel a little better today

1 Like

Ah…okay. That is silly. Many people panic so much they lose common sense, which can cause problems as well. A positive test doesn’t equal contagiousness. It can take months for people to test negative again. If it takes too long, maybe you could arrange for some doctor to explain the difference to your manager or give you some sort of “it is fine if she goes out again”-declaration?

3 Likes