Hello everyone. I'm checking in

I’ve been sick with two different flu/cold type illnesses. The first one most likely was Covid. The second one ended up going into bacterial laryngitis. I’m all well now, just still tired. The stress from being sick flared up a smidge of mental problems for me, they are slowly getting better too. I went for a walk today and also went visiting to get out of my house.

How are you all doing? I hope all has been well for you.

22 Likes

Hi Leafy, nice to hear from you.

4 Likes

Great to hear from you !

3 Likes

I’m glad you’re feeling better. I had Covid that started 2.5 months ago. I just got energy back in the last week or so

3 Likes

Great to hear from you Leaf! I’m sorry you have been feeling ill lately, I got very ill around Christmas last year and it lasted like a month. Made me miss being healthy!

2 Likes

Hi Canuky, lol glad to see you are still here!

2 Likes

Hello old friend, great to see you, hope things are going smoothly. If not, hope you have the resources to survive them well.

2 Likes

It was mild fairly, but then the second virus just killed me and then for it to go bacterial, I felt my age for the first time. I’m definitely going to start taking better care of myself. You never know what nasty bug is lurking, waiting to take you down. I’m glad we are both on the mend. It’s good to see you.

4 Likes

I’m sorry you were ill, our relative health is easy to take for granted. It’s nice to see you. Where do you stay these days?

2 Likes

I’m living with my mom and her boyfriend back in northern Virginia, paying a small amount of rent (it’s a deal I couldn’t get anywhere else). I never found out if my cold was omicron or not, ironically I caught it in a waiting room for the booster and spread it to my family.

I miss California, the people up there are all so cool. I’d ask where you live but I understand some people don’t wanna give out that info which is cool.

4 Likes

Oh it’s no problem, I thought you left Oakland? It was Oakland right? Yes I’m way up north in Cali, but I grew up pretty close to Oakland but it might as well have been a different planet for the difference in culture

2 Likes

Yeah, it was Oakland, right outside of Emeryville. I was watching the behind the scenes feature on the making of Turning Red on Disney+, and it got me homesick for CA because I used to live very close to the Pixar headquarters, we drove past it several times.

Virginia is crazy, I know we shouldn’t talk politics, but I’ll just say we recently elected a governor who is very anti mask and I’m not a fan. I miss Newsom.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I would offer to let you come stay with me but it’s against the rules lol. Hopefully you will find some things you like about where you are now. I mean you said you get a good deal on rent. You have family. Hopefully it will be a beautiful spring. I’m trying to be positive. But I know it’s hard when you are kind of like homesick for a place.

2 Likes

Thanks. The main reason we moved back was to help my recently diagnosed sz brother, he’s got a court date coming up on the 8th of April and we’re gonna try to work with the system to get him some meds. We’re pretty sure that if he’s given medicine for a long enough time he’ll get some insight back, realize how he’s acting, and want to get better. That’s how it worked for me at least.

It’s great being near the grandparents though, I visit them a few days out of each month. They’re 76 and 80 so I want to spend as much time as I can with them.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s really neat. That’s a total bonus. I’m glad I moved here, even though I hated it at first because it was so small, but I got my mom’s last 10 years, and so did my kids. Priceless.

2 Likes

Hi leafy, glad to hear you’re getting better.

I’m in a bad place now, but hopefully climbing out soon. My psych nurse practitioner ordered the Genesight test on me. My Zyprexa is on the red do not use list and my Lexapro is on the yellow might not work well list.

Friday morning I switch to Invega (on my green most effective list) and then once that stabilizes she’s putting me on Trintellix instead of Lexapro.

My symptoms are so bad after 16 months of steady decline that I had to completely leave my job, but I hope to go back by the end of the year, even if only 8-10 hours (I work retail).

Always great to see you here! (I am 2 hours south of northern Virginia).

2 Likes

Covid is so scary! I’m glad you’re on the mend

2 Likes

Hi @Leaf ! Glad that you are feeling better.

3 Likes

Hello there. I’m glad you have a good chance at some better fitting/working meds and that you will likely be doing and feeling better soon. And getting back to work sounds like it will make you happy so I wish you good luck with that.

1 Like

Hi @Bowens me too. I hope you are well. Have you been having a fun time helping to keep the forum running smoothly?

2 Likes