Heartburn is awful

Last night it was so bad I was throwing up and now I just rescheduled an appointment because I am afraid I’ll start throwing up again. I take meds for heartburn but lately they haven’t been working. I think I will call my doctor. Maybe try a new med.

3 Likes

Metformin was causing me abdominal pain. Told the Dr and he took me off it, no more pain. On the med package it said irritates the stomach.

1 Like

Meds are definitely part of the problem. If I take meds with yogurt it definitely helps but I ran out. Picking some up later.

2 Likes

Vinegar works for heartburn somewhat. I’ve tried it. It really worked. I think it was apple cider

1 Like

Do you just sip it?

1 Like

I drank about a Tablespoon. Do Canadians use Tablespoon measurements? Just get a big spoon out of your kitchen and use that.

1 Like

Yes we still do tbsp and cups etc.

1 Like

My sister knows all these home remedies but she moved out today so now I can’t ask her.

1 Like

We’ll go over some quick tips to get rid of heartburn , including:

1. wearing loose clothing.
  2. standing up straight.
  3. elevating your upper body.
  4. mixing baking soda with water.
  5. trying ginger.
  6. taking licorice supplements.
  7. sipping apple cider vinegar.
  8. chewing gum to help dilute acid.

mustard works for heartburn, but the meds work better. You may just need to up your dose.

1 Like

Do you just eat a spoonful of it?

1 Like

Being honest, I’ve seen your diet. The heartburn meds can only do so much heavy lifting here.

1 Like

yes, just eat a spoonful of it

1 Like

Oh my goodness!!

Thanks ■■■■■■■. Really nice. ■■■■ off

I took some licorice and it seems to be helping

1 Like

Man, what to say? I loves my pizza and perogies, but sleeping half the night in the chair is awful. Having to swap out oatmeal and bananas for snacks now as a matter of survival. Boring, but I don’t buy TUMS by the case these days. Middle age sux.

@FatMama you can apologize for your behavior to @shutterbug. There was no reason to act that way.

If you don’t want people commenting on your health and diet, don’t post it.

1 Like

I wasn’t talking about my diet. Even healthier people get heartburn. I’m out. Catch ya on the flipside

1 Like