Hearing voices.

I’m new here. I hear voices in my head all the time. They predict my actions and what I’m about to say. They predict what others are gonna say. They also tell me what to do.
I feel like I’m a robot. Feeling like I am not making a my decision myself. Sometimes I hear the TV talking in codes. They say things in between what they are saying then act like they didn’t say it. That includes people in front of me. Like real people. My family and friends and strangers.

I was diagnosed with schizoeffective bipolar disorder… I want to know if what I am experiencing is really a mental illness . Thanks.

And right before I found this site I decided that I am not going to fight the voices but to succumb to them.

1 Like

Hi welcome :slight_smile: It does sound like mental illness what you described. What meds are you on?

I get the same thing. I need meds to stop it. Thinking haldol will do the trick.

I have to slow my inflamed brain down a number of notches to function and stop hallucinating / living in a weird parallel reality.

1 Like

I was on olanzapine. Stopped taking it cuz I was pregnant. Now I’m on sertraline. They also taunt me. It drives me insane. They won’t stop. I’ve talked to my therapist about it but I guess I need to talk to other people who actually experience it.

1 Like

Inflamed brain? What do you mean?

Yeah my life feels weird. It sucks. I can’t trust my own instincts anymore. I hate going out cuz i get anxiety being around way too many people. I have to keep track of what others around me are saying so I can make sure I’m hearing things right.

2 Likes

I believe what is going on hallucination wise is due to my brain being inflamed. My brain is so inflamed it hurts, actually. When the swelling goes down, so do the symptoms.

Low-level inflammation in the brain is only felt as some pressure, not pain, but it still has health effects.

I hate having to pay 100% attention to what people say. I want to not have to care so much. This is making me have to turn off radio and TV so I don’t hallucinate some bullcrap that makes me crazier.

Oh. I should look into that.

I know. It makes me so stressed out. They tell me what my then boyfriend while he was away. They taunt all of the things I’ve done.

1 Like

Do you get a lot of headaches when you hallucinate? I’ve been getting a lot of them.

Yes I just re read your post. Never mind about the headaches question.

Hello. I have schizoaffective bipolar too. What you are experiencing is really a mental disorder. It is a form of schizophrenia that has a mood component to it. And it is real. You need psychiatric treatment for it. Do you have a psychiatrist yet? Are you on any medications?

If you hear any command voices telling you to do anything bad, do NOT obey the voices. Tell your doctor immediately.

2 Likes

From my experience your brain is over analyzing things and picking everything apart. This stuff takes time to chill out. Trust yourselfand the people around you. Focus on being aware of your energy,feelings and emotions and not just your thoughts but not trying to control them unless you are just calming them

1 Like

I did. I was on olanzapine. But I stopped. I keep trying to manege it myself.

1 Like

I get a lot of headaches too. A lot of people with bipolar get a lot of headaches. It’s quite common. Especially the females.

3 Likes

I’m bipolar too. It’s a thin line to walk sometimes. Keep it real dont be too hard on yourself and learn to know yourself and you can slowly push yourself a little bit further and further into getting yourself to where you wanna be

1 Like

I hope so. I have 2 kids now and I need to manage this. Thank you for taking your time to reply. This is the first time I’ve ever talk to others who are in the same boat as I am.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for taking your time to reply. I don’t feel too alone and now I know where I can look to for advice and just talk. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yes, you are always welcome here on this forum. This is a forum for people with schizophrenia and or schizoaffective disorder or people who have or had some kind of psychosis. We welcome you to this forum!

2 Likes

No problem, just want to help a fellow SZ sufferer out.

Your subconscious mind is a marvellous machine, it can conjure experiences up that will seem absolutely real but don’t hold up in the actual, objective world. It can invent entire phrases that only you hear, but you can’t record, even. The only sane solution to this is proper medication, to calm the brain the bleep down so it doesn’t try to generate meaning where there is none.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.