Head shock/pressure/pain?

Does anyone feel head pain,
In either something that feels like a shock,
Or pressure on your head ?
Or anxiety or headaches/migranes

I experience like a shock and pressure that is overbearing sometimes, I think it’s from anxiety, maybe qualities of DP/DR

Anytime of head pain or feeling, Please post below and share.

Is it like a migraine? Otherwise I don’t know what you’re talking about sorry :confused:

1 Like

No for me it’s not like a migraine🙃

Some times I got those sensations when my voices would act up, I guess it sort of was from anxiety since I was in a constant state of anxiety anyways during the bout of my illness.
I get head pressure also before my moods switch some times.

1 Like

I think @Anna1 has described some similar sensations, like a pressure in her head…

2 Likes

I feel pressure on my forehead and behind my eyes.

yes, I have pressure from both I think my illness and the meds. My Zyprexa knocks me out in the evening in a bad way and I start to overthink negatively. The result is that I feel my brain like compressed. Its bad. Plus, it makes me really depressive.
Otherwise, without my meds, I have really bad headaches too to a point that I want to vomit… so I need my meds.
your pain is due to medication or to the illness you think?
take care :slight_smile:

1 Like

my daughter gets head shocks when she takes meds, like an ssri. She really can’t tolerate it so she goes unmedicated. Shes prego right now so its a good thing

When I quit my first SSRI I would get brain zaps all the time, now they’re gone

Yes, I had that pressure in my forehead when I was delusional/paranoid & experiencing intrusive thoughts. I was really unwell and in the middle of medication changes. I think it was the combination of the two that did it for me. I don’t know why it happens but apparently, it’s common amongst folks like us.

1 Like

I also had brain zaps from quitting a SSRI, escilatopram (lexapro)

I read somewhere that the head pressure/pain can actually be a type of hallucination. I googled it. Tactile hallucinations are rare, like 20% of sz get them. It could be that also.

1 Like

I wake up with constant headaches, sometimes they last all day like yesterday, but there was a ton of pressure squeezing my poor litttle brain.
It’s not too terrible today, but damn, everyday?

1 Like

Couldn’t really say why my head is in so much pressure, being ripped to streds

It’s a bitch feeling like your getting squeezed inside your brain/lesslucid feels like a loss of air

Anti anxiety meds have been the only cure for me so that’s my closest lead,
Think it’s either stress/anxiety/Dpdr

Don’t think it comes from the meds I take, maybe from anxiety disorder

I get pressure in my brain like it feels heavy. Usually during periods of mania n stress

Well then I hope I never have to quit my SSRI. I didn’t know Zoloft was an SSRI, but apparently it is :confused:

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve been on zoloft it is a SSRI,
And actually it worked pretty good for me.
I’m on Lexipro now but in hindsight I’d think zooloft was/would me more helpful.