He Got Schizophrenia. He Got Cancer. And Then He Got Cured

Original Academic Source:

Remission of Psychosis in Treatment-Resistant Schizophrenia following Bone Marrow Transplantation: A Case Report

Full Paper:

13 Likes

Wow, that’s really interesting.

2 Likes

Pretty cool article

2 Likes

Maybe just maybe one day we will have a cure, when they finally understand why we can’t be normal

2 Likes

Sounds like a really good opportunity for doctors to study the disease and how it can be stopped.

Wonder if there’s a way to “reboot the immune system” without something as horrible feeling as chemotherapy or a bone marrow transplant.

3 Likes

I really hope when tests come to fruition that i fall among those that have a autoimmune disorder.

2 Likes

My brother was jokingly wanting me to transplant my private parts to him when he had an operation on his (which thankfully was successful). If it’s true that the immune system is the reason for the bone marrow transplant affecting the mind of the brother who received one from his brother that would not have (very theoretically) happen to him. Otherwise he would have been wise thinking twice about what he was talking about doing to me. I love his food too much to not fall victim to it though. I mowed his lawn instead after his surgery, he fixed me a meal, and things were good.

1 Like

Just read this article in the NYTimes. Feel like it’s worth sharing. Not much in terms of immediate applicability but maybe someone here would offer some perspective? I see the prior posts that address one of the anecdotes in this article, including the actual study abstract from Oct '17

I’m glad they can monitor bone marrow transplant recipients who also happen to have psychiatric symptoms and see if they make progress mentally. Sounds like a drug trial to me. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

@SchizoLawyer. I combined your thread with an existing thread on the same topic.

1 Like

If you guys want to “reboot your immune system”, you might want to look into echinacea:

A lot of people swear by echinacea for enhacing immune response. I used to use it a lot, right before I started experiencing psychosis though…

Jon

1 Like