He finally saw my flat affect

… And I’m pretty sure he’s done now.

People don’t get it. They’re programmed not to. Even those who say they want to help, they can’t. They end up thinking badly of us regardless.

He’s such a normie I don’t think it could ever work.

He says hi to too many people.

2 Likes

Flat affect is a relationship drag for sure.

3 Likes

What’s wrong with that? I don’t get it. He just sounds friendly. Did he break it off or did you?

2 Likes

And then they say hi, like normies do.

It’s disgusting in its own right. I can’t stand it.

People live automatically, motion to motion, then think they have free will.

1 Like

You don’t sound well. I think you should see your dr

1 Like

No one broke it off. He said he loved me. I just don’t buy it. I don’t think there’s anything real about anyone.

2 Likes

I still think you’re really unwell. You should see your dr

3 Likes

I agree, you should see a Dr, you sound a bit paranoid of him. Maybe its time for meds? As for flat affect I have it and thats why I never got a gf after sz, girls in nightclubs tell me that I need to smile and that I give bad vibes. Fk them.

3 Likes

Been married to one for going on 22 years.

7 Likes

People say I am too serious and that I never smile. They don’t understand that I have terrible social anxiety too.

4 Likes

There was one community health worker that I called the hawk because every time he would see me he would boast at how good he was at seeing the symptoms of sz. I was like wow did you see a list of symptoms somewhere? I wouldn’t worry about your boyfriend unless he aspires to be like the hawk, swooping down from above to pounce on you every time you display a symptom.

2 Likes

He tells me I need to smile all the time, and I can’t stand it. Most of the time I can’t, and other times I wonder why he doesn’t want me to be genuine. It makes me question him.

2 Likes

I have terrible social anxiety too, I’ve had long periods of agoraphobia before because of it. People don’t get it unless they’ve experienced it themselves. They think you just need to loosen up. It’s frustrating.

2 Likes

He thinks he can fix me. That’s a problem. He doesn’t get the severity of what I’m going through, and all my symptoms. He doesn’t understand how uncontrollable they are, or how impactful.

I do a lot to pretend, and hide it all, and it’s exhausting.

2 Likes

He said earlier today, after telling him I’m feeling flat still, “I was hoping I could fix that, and give you better days.”

He doesn’t understand it at all.

2 Likes

I didn’t really understand what the problem was that you were having, but now I see that he thinks he can bring about a change in you which any attempt to do so is going to be really annoying for you.

1 Like

Yeah, if only I thought more positive things. Smiled more. Let myself have a good time. I’d be cured.

Who knew?

1 Like

It’s definitely complicated to have sz to struggle with it and want to be better but at the same time be kind of endeared to some of its features and be repulsed by the way normals are. It’s a kind of triangle of contradiction that is hard for someone without sz to understand.

1 Like

Accurate af.

2 Likes

I had hoped you were getting something good.

1 Like