Having the Brain that Talks to Itself Like a Separate Person at the Party Never Worked for Me

The issue for some of us is the length of the post, not that we don’t understand sentence structure.

Sometimes It can be more effective to communicate a bit more succinctly.

2 Likes

No, you are never any trouble. I like you. :slight_smile: You can ask me anything. I like questions and messages to me. :+1:

1 Like

I have always heard people say they can’t read much more than a little bit, and I wonder why that is. :thinking: The way I solved this problem in myself is my searching and focus on the subjects of everyone’s sentences, then listening to my brain as it reads or hears the predicates about the subjects before the next sentence comes on.

When I’m listening to people, and I’m doing this, I can have the “mental imagery” of the meanings of the words of of up to three sentences at a time organized into subject/predicate categorization while listening to the next sentence in this lock on the subject, and experience the predicate system.

I’ve been a very bad listener and reader believe it or not, and this is something I have hated for a very long time. It’s even shameful to admit to my peers you know. Once I figured out how the mind and the language works similarly together and similarly to the rest of reality outside of the mind, I just tried it. So I recommend it.

Otherwise if the subject material is not applicable to anyone, I realize that it can just be bypassed for something that suits one more just like it is for me. There’s neither harm in bypassing literature nor writing because it reaches a page or two. Do you agree? :smiley:

1 Like

I can’t argue with that.

I’m just pointing out to you that you might reach more people by posting more succinctly. I suspect a lot of folks might be bypassing your long posts.

1 Like

Of course. Reading and social exchanges are mostly cultural. If one prefers one culture over another, they will not digress from it to try another one. No one is going to be culturally omniscient (maybe hehe), and the more someone specializes the fewer who will exchange until it winds up doing something that fits their culture. Computer programmers are not mainstream culture by any means, but their products are you see. Computer culture is specialized, and the electronics and technology markets are mainstream. So there ya go. :thinking: Hmmmm

i as well tend to skip or skim long post.

have you known of 'reader’s digest"? whether stories, or news or whatever, it’s condensed. like having a snack, as opposed to the time and commitment required in sitting down for a meal.

it’s easier, more pleasurable for those like me to read less, as i often just want the highlights or the jest of things.

Generally when I’m teaching someone something or even if I’m just writing my own observatory essays about what I find to be true about reality I tend to do it like I work. I developed an extremely intense “barbaric” way of working, so I’m extremely relentless and thorough hitting all of the angles like you can’t imagine. And I believe that developed physical nature of mind carries over into my writing. That’s what I can see myself doing when I actually stand back, and look at it. I’m pulverizing each and ever how and why about what I’m teaching or discussing. And I’ve actually been listening to so many interviews, reading so many articles, watching so many documentaries for so many years now that this style of my writing and these things I follow are embedded into me. I don’t mind it that way. If I’m not well underway in my work on any day or any hour, I believe it is a day wasted for no good reason. I believe all of the days, hours, minutes, body cells, and brain cells as well as every human and animal are such a gift that I better make the best out of our gift of existence while I’m still walking the planet.

These things…you know…aren’t just simple subjects. In order to understand the point of them, you need to have a back ground. In order that I don’t get swamped with fallacious and confused arguments, I need to have back up from my original paragraphs people might hard ball me about. There’s an entire strategy underlying my actions.

Of course it is easier for me since I can skim as I do a lot of reading. I can determine if it is another copy of something I’ve studied or encountered before, or if it is new or related to subjects I’m trying to understand more about fairly quickly without spending too much time. After years of researching and writing about so much about so many things most information being exchanged by all of the news and bloggers and chatters out there just seems to be a coat of monotonous paint. It’s the same over and over and over, so as I scan I can quickly see if it is a repeat of the same things or if there is something there I haven’t heard of yet.

I figure that anyone else can do the same thing, and if they cannot, then I’m hear to assist their climbs to where I’ve been and where i’m heading if that is their calling. Otherwise they can do what anyone does with 99% of the news papers and magazines which is throw them away without reading much if any of them.

I found out a long time ago that people will tell me I’m writing to much for them, but they never ask me if I think I wrote enough about it. They don’t ask me questions, but they do state the same thing as if directing writers’ traffic.

There are not enough writers writing about what people want to read about, and there are too many writers writing about what people don’t want to read about. It’s always been that way, and if someone is interested in the roofing business because they are a roofer, then their not interested in reading about plumbing…until they take up business in the plumbing business. Then they want to know where are all of the plumbing writers. I’ll tell ya. They all quit because all of the readers of roofing articles told them that they write too much about plumbing and not enough about roofing. Hehe

I like the fart metaphor!

It could just be me who is behind the curve, but I think you may be overestimating normal people. It took psychosis to make me realise the truth of what you are saying, and it seems to me that only a minority of normal people realise that thoughts are farts.

Now I collect research that comes to the “thought as fart” conclusion, but it seems fairly rare.

Nisbett and Wilson, 1977 is the most famous
people.virginia.edu/~tdw/nisbett&wilson.pdf

Johnathan Haidt is the most avid proponent of the above paper. He writes
“reason is the press-secretary of the intuitions, and can pretend to no other office than that of ex-post facto spin doctor.” p.3 in (which you can download)
Haidt, J., Bjorklund, F., & Murphy, S. (2000). Moral dumbfounding: When intuition finds no reason. Unpublished manuscript, University of Virginia.
In other words thoughts are just a lot of excuse that we make up after the event, to justify our behaviour.

But then, I think that thoughts are worse than farts, because we enjoy them.

The key word is “like” as in "like a piece of the over all system that sheds off of our biological systems such as a fart, fingernails, and so on. I’m describing the value of most of our thoughts. For instance the many thoughts of mine that have a market value of zilch. I shed these, and they have no effect worse or better.

I don’t over estimate people, but I’m not being rude to anyone either.

Good luck. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I am sorry if I was rude. I did appreciate that you were stating a metaphor.

Please forgive me for using a ruder metaphor. Please do not read on if you do not wish to read a ruder metaphor.

Personally, regarding my own thoughts I think that they are worse than farts, and like another bodily ejaculate since it seems to me that I create within myself a loving relationship between two of me who have “hot love” in my mind.

1 Like

No problem. I wasn’t sure. I know now.

I’ll see you around in here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.