Having a low self-esteem

I’ve been having a negative opinion of myself for a while lately, which can cause me to feel particularly down on myself like I’m looking up from a well with no perceived way out. It, however, does not make me in a state of acrimony, which is good. So while I may be joking a lot more now, I’m not joyous. The only time I am in a state of pure happiness is when I’m doing religious things, but I obviously can’t do that all the time.

I think this all stems from my addiction, mental illness, and low self-confidence that I’ve always had. Luckily I am improving on those things with a therapist and other ways. I feel like a complete and utter failure in everything I do.

I’m not good at anything, even though I firmly believe that each man and woman have at least one talent or gift. I guess I just haven’t found it yet. All I can admit is my weaknesses, not any strengths I may have. Sometimes I ponder with such superstition that I firmly think that I was born just to show people how not to be. And unbeknownst to me for a while, I also think that I have nothing to go for. I’m not competitive like I once was, and I’m not as aspired to go forward. And I think that its basically impossible for me to date anyone, much less get married; I’m just not desirable in any way and am pretty uninteresting.

3 Likes

At a glance, you’re more interesting than me.

2 Likes

You’ve had a rough journey so far, once you’re stable for a while your self esteem and confidence will come back.

2 Likes

I’m very similar to you. There is so much of the ordinary business of life that I can’t do. I do like to think that I can write well. I guess the best way for me to improve my self esteem would be for me to work hard at my writing. It’s a fun delusion to think you are a genius, as long as you don’t proclaim it everywhere.

2 Likes

Yeah, sometimes I think I’m decent at writing. But other times, nahh

1 Like

@John_Raven it’s funny we speak of writing, my first impression was that you express yourself very well.

That is a rarity, my friend

2 Likes

That belief can be a positive factor in your life, as long as you handle it rightly.

2 Likes

I’m sorry guys, but sometimes I wallow in self-pity, and it usually goes away in a few weeks. Please don’t be worried about me killing myself, as I’ve been in much, much worse states of mind. But thank you for reading my venting.

1 Like

You seem to be a smart person and you obviously care about God. What about theology?

2 Likes

My religion is at the very heart of who I am, so in a way, I am knowledgeable about it. But I can’t say I’ve studied too many other religions. Most of Christianity confuses me, and others I know a baseline of information about, but just what they taught in high school.

Thank you for the compliment.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.