Schizophrenia.com

Did you have delusions surrounding religion?

I was brought up Jain (it’s a religion), but I when I became delusional I’d see special significance behind time. So if the time was 11:33 I’d look up the verses in scriptures mainly Bible and Bhagavad Gita (hindu scripture). I am an atheist so I don’t understand why I behaved this way.

Yes, I am deluded into believing that Televangelists are honest, forthright citizens and that they all practice what they preach. Those are my delusions.

4 Likes

My family did not raise us as any religion. But as I’ve grown-up I’ve come to find there is a Buddhist thread accidentally woven into the family attitude.

Numerology and numbers are a big thing. It was the 0 that started man kind I’m told.

I’ve only had one delusion that was about God, and even then he told me he didn’t have time for me. There was war and famine and stuff, so he’d send someone down who would save my life and help me. But I’d have to protect them and keep them safe too.

My kid sis was born almost 9 months to that conversation. So I thought God sent her down for me. So she was mine. I do fall back into that sometimes. I do get over protective… Half delusion, half instincts of the older brother. But when I was sure god spoke to me when I was almost 11 was the only religious delusion I’ve ever had.

1 Like

I was raised no religion whatsoever, not that my parents were anti-anything, both were raised properly albeit in different churches, they just din’t include sharing their faith with us kids.
Must be why I have absolutely no religious delusions whatsoever, although, one picture I took when I was seeing faces mesmerized my husband, who swears it is the virgin of Guadalupe. Have to agree with him on that, the colors are right, the face looks right…the robes…everything.

1 Like

Hey James, I found this article interesting.

Zero was invented in India by Indian mathematicians dating as early as 5th century. They widely used it in calculations, astronomy and astrology. Zero was spread by Arabians to the Europe and there on it was spread all over. Before this, all Europeans used roman numerical which were difficult to calculate on as they were in the form of Symbols, lengthy and had limits.

From some random website.

2 Likes

When I had my big psychotic break, I thought I was supposed to meet up with the Corinthians from the Bible. I also thought that Mother Teresa had a message delivered to me, it was, “An intense love.”

1 Like

My schizophrenia was all to with spirituality/religion. I don’t look back on it as crazy/delusional but do believe all those psychotic episodes were all real.

We schizophrenics experience the supernatural, we basically are attuned to our sixth sense when psychotic.

1 Like

I believed God was directing me through the Bible. I didn’t know what to do. I believe he told me to leave the State I was in and not to go to the State I am born from. I can’t go to the State I’m from until a certain person passes away or only safe spot that I can go to is a catholic church then I’d be OK. I really thought that was true. I still think I was being guided. But I got too many schizo problems to be sure.

1 Like

That I hear Jesus Christ, and he calls he by ‘my child’ all the time

1 Like

Oh, but jc is an ahole. Lol I don’t think it’s real. I fight with my voices all the time

2 Likes

I’ve had only one moment where i thought i was jesus, outside under the tree i saw the king cobra made of light staring me down, it was instense and large.

I seemingly at random thought “im jesus”, and then within a second or two someone said “see, that is how we do that to people.” I never thought i really was or anything, and it was just “them” speaking within me and as me.

1 Like

I began having something with the clock as well, started after i saw an alien and began to have my mind molested, i also smelled the sulfur.

I began looking at the clock at three over and over again, and then over time it was 333, 111, 222, 444, 555, 616, 911, and 1111.

These are very bad numbers, im still trying to figure out why, but here are a couple of examples, 444/666=.66666666666, and our ever so magical 1111 that i keep hearing about, 1111/33=33.6666666666, and 616, when you divide an angle of the pentagram and 666 you get 616, 666/108=6.166666666666.

This is one of the ways i can tell that schizophrenia is not schizophrenia at all, get with it science, time to catch up already! You don’t just see an alien and begin repeatedly seeing unholy mathematics for no reason right?! Not to mention the other otherworldly beings i have seen.

911/33=27.606060606

Hopefully my time is almost done, i don’t want to live this way.

1 Like

I love when I catch the same number three times on a clock. I always look for something special to happen

1 Like

When I am full blown delusional, I believe that I have supernatural powers - psychic abilities, telepathy, prophecy, empathy, medium - communicating with spirits/ghosts. I also feeling all knowing and powerful. I become extremely spiritual and religion does come into play. Now when I am not delusional, I become my true self - Agnostic

1 Like

I had delusions of angels walking around. I have also seen demon’s.I think it is your deepest believes coming to life from deep deep down.

1 Like

Mormons telling me to abstain from coffee, tea, Pepsi. :church:

2 Likes

only that i was going to hell which was very odd at the time as i do’t believe in heaven or hell…or god for that matter…decidedly odd!

1 Like