Have the forum rules been updated yet?

@Moonbeam @anon4362788 @rogueone @Ninjastar

Just curious if szadmin approved them yet or not

4 Likes

No , @CoCo . We will likely post very soon after we everything is sorted and the go ahead is given by the SzAdmin account. I am eager to get them incorporated and seen myself, so I understand your desire to get them.

3 Likes

What new rules are these coming into force @Bowens

4 Likes

It’s mostly just stuff that has been policy for awhile but never incorporated into the “official” rules. I’m not sure I should comment further until everything is finalized and posted. Who knows, there is always a chance something may be changed, modified, removed or added in after consultation. So its probably not appropriate to comment on specifics until its official.

5 Likes

I wonder what the problem is though with the current rules, as things seem to be well managed here on the current constitution

1 Like

I can’t wait to start breaking them!!!

[ bites @Bowens on his dangling participle ]

:blush:

3 Likes

I will post on one detail. The format has been greatly improved.

3 Likes

I just don’t want this site to change too much towards excessive censorship and moderation of anything in particular

Get the political thing, delusion confirming and religion being off topics - not sure that anything outside of those three areas should be moderated outside the context of legal speech etc

2 Likes

Those rules aren’t changing. As @Bowens said the new material is just things we enforced unofficially. We put it in writing so there’s no confusion.

6 Likes

Just please be patient and wait for them to be posted before you judge. There will be plenty of time to discuss once adopted.

4 Likes

Butt naked Fridays is still allowed right!?!

9 Likes

You have to remember that the first guidelines were written almost 10 years ago. The site has evolved since then. Some things that are unofficial policy now, were not incorporated at the time

5 Likes

The primary change made, as @Bowens said, was that we made the format easier to read. I know how exhausting it was for me to scroll through the old rules post, so I can only imagine how intimidating it was to new users. The way they currently are, nothing would actually change about the way things are run. It will just be easier from a technical standpoint to reference rules, and they were reworded to be relevant and easier to interpret consistently.

5 Likes

I’d like to add that, as a newer mod, it will make my life easier as well. Having unofficial rules incorporated and easily readable , defined, and referenced at any time will make things less confusing, and probably for members as well. The same basic policies are in place now, but some of them are in the ether, instead of written down and easily referenced.

4 Likes

What does it say about biting ankles?

STILL ALLOWED???

[ sounds of panic attack from under couch ]

:flushed:

4 Likes

We actually had to add a “No Biting Ankles” clause after a lot of complaints…

4 Likes

[ goes on a pinky toe biting rampage ]

[ hides back under couch still hungry ]

[ pinky toes aren’t filling ]

5 Likes

They arent getting rid of penis threads are they? :flushed:

1 Like

Ok that’s it! This damn site is getting ridiculous. Every Friday night for the last 4 years I get a big bowl of popcorn, extra butter, and settle in for a night of penis thread. If they take that away I’m outie.

11 Likes

I think I’m going to read the new rules.

In the past I have never done that.

1 Like