Have any of you grotten lowered from 3 neuroleptics to one

Yes that’s the question to you.
I’m in the process to end my commitment with the Seroquel I’ve been using for 11 years.
I’m now down to 500 mg by mouth.
My plan is to only be on the LAI Clopixol 500 mgs for the foreseeable future.
I do this on my own because the shrink and house doctor only know how to put their patients on theis very addictive substances but not how to get their patients off of them.

1 Like

Well I went down in The Seroquel yesterday and now I feel more relaxed and quiet than I have done for many days. It seems that I’ve found the golden spot in regards to Seroquel. I’m none debatable and none combative I think that I’m finally in a good state-place now.
Your friend in the battle of this terrible condition N.

Next you are going to think of just stopping your medication all together then leading to a relapse

1 Like

I guess you’re right I surely would end my meds if I for surdenty didn’t know that it would lead to a relapse.
So well I’ll stay on 500 mg Seroquel by mouth and 500 mg Clopixol every 3 weeks.
I now realize that my sleep problems was caused by over medication by the shrink.

3 APs ? Damn that’s a lot.

Most I’ve been on was 2.

1 Like

yes. at one point i was taking 60mg haldol a day, with 50mg Risperdal consta every two weeks, and also wither 300mg chlorpromazine, or 1200mg seroquel (i cant remember which one but i think it was the seroquel)…then for almost 3 years i just took haldol, then the last combo i took was haldol with a low dose of abilify. i felt way better on less.

1 Like

Agreed
Can raise QT interval, should be monitored in case

I’ll be on 2 I believe as I titrate from one to the other

2 Likes

Relevant you can really relate to my meds issues because you went through the same over medication from the mental health system. One day I would really like to meet you in person because we have so much in common.

1 Like

I’m on two meds just like you were and for the first time in years I find my meds tolerable at this dose.

1 Like

please take care Keylow because Clozapine is in a class of it self as a matter of fact.

But I hope Vraylar or Latuda takes care of your symptoms even better than Clozapine without any intolerable side effects.
So I cross fingers for you.
I now find it very pleasant to take 500 mg Seroquel by mouth and 500 mg Clopixo LAIl every 3 week.

1 Like

Whatever works! Happy you are doing well with that combination

Yes I hoping the same :crossed_fingers:
Hopefully it will be better
Thank you

1 Like

I just hope that on what ever neuroleptics you and your doctor decide up on will live up to your expectations.

1 Like

Yeah bro
Long story short, I was smoking weed everyday up until I got prescribed Clozaril
I didn’t tell my doctor at the time

So some of the first meds they tried could have possibly worked
It seems I am extremely extremely sensitive to thc
Cannabis induced psychosis is likely my experience at the time

Wish I never got on that stuff

1 Like

I can really understand your life situation. I had an addiction just like you’ve had in the past. I was an alcoholic for 20 years 21 years ago and spend 10 years on Antabuse ( drug against alcoholism).
The alcohol destroyed the effect of the meds just like your drug conduct disorder. Yes the effect of my meds really diminished to a point that I was almost none functional and that forced me on Antabuse for years.
Then 10 years ago I decided that I couldn’t live like that anymore so well I quit the Antabuse because of ugly side effects that it caused like constipation, impotence and depression. That went well for one year. Then one day I realized that my life wasn’t worth living so I bought a bottle of Whiskey and drank half a bottle in 4 hours. It just didn’t make me get a buzz like alcohol did in the past. After that I tried Alcohol half a dossen times with no effect. I finally realized that it was the mix of qutiapine and Clopixol that caused that. So I just gave up alcohol after that.

Now I stand by a Cross road because if I don’t take my meds I will get drunk or force myself to take Antabuse again.

Because Seroquel is the best option side effect and effect wise I choose 600 mg Seroquel by mouth that are the least of the evils.

Going in AA Alcoholics Anonymous or NA narcotics anonymous can also be helpful.

1 Like

Wow , I hear you bro. Yes I had alcohol issue too.

For years I only was on SSRI…
I had anxiety issues for 10 years before I got hit with psychotic episode

I mixed SSRI, weed and alcohol like 2-3 times a week
Marijuana though was several times daily very often

All that stuff surely didn’t help us

1 Like

I took 3 antipsychotics for so long (years and years) and my new dr took me off of one of them. Now I take 2. I might have more symptoms but it’s not unbearable.

I hope you find a good balance with your medications. @Ghosts

Best wishes to you.

2 Likes

Ask yourself how you got from 1 to 3? If so how can you get from 3 to 1?

What is best for your personal health? 3 or 1 antipsychotics is a better question. The answer is it depends.

1 Like

I’m on two antipsychotics and an antidepressant. I plan on being on them as long as possible, they work well for me.

1 Like

Key low drugs like alcohol. Yes alcohol is a drug and if you use it you are a drug addictive. Yes I was an alcohol-drug addictive for 20 years. And I personally think that it’s one of the worst drugs to be on because it makes you both negative and evil at the same time after some days of usage.
If you realize that mariojanna worsens your mental state then for Gots sake stay away from that…
But don’t do alcohol for that’s one that really makes you bad.
I wish you Keylow the best on your journey to recovery and yes your right the new meds will work for you now where you are clean.
And now the final words.
I’ll stay on my 600 mg Seroquel and be happy over that those will help me stay from the devils brew that is the narcotics alcohol.

1 Like

Minty fresh I totally agree with you that 3 antipsychotics at the same time are to much but two are all right.
I can tell you that scientists have made a study were they found out that two antipsychotics were not more dangerous than one at a time.
And I think that many of us find two antipsychotics at the same time to be very beneficial.

1 Like