Halal candy

A little boy came up to me at the register wanting to know if a particular candy was Halal or not.

I had no idea.

I felt bad because he was so disappointed he couldn’t have it.

Does anyone know how to tell if candy has gelatin in it? Apparently, gelatin isn’t Halal.

4 Likes

sometimes it can be identified by where it’s manufactured, i don’t know about in the USA, but one way to tell, is if it’s made in Turkey

3 Likes

Ok. Thanks @AppleKidd

3 Likes

Yeah, I believe gelatin is often made from pig. I dont believe that is always the case, though. But usually.

I used to be big into figuring out what was and was not allowed myself.

4 Likes

Any halal food will have the halal symbol on it if it contains any animal products. It is arabic writing in an oval.

1 Like

I just looked that up to be sure. I dont think thats universal. Some have it and some don’t. If its certified halal, it will have the symbol. But not all foods that are halal have the symbol.

Thats my understanding.

2 Likes

@broken is that true in the US?

1 Like

Hmmm… I learned something new today. I never even heard the word halal before, or that it was gelatin. I thought you miss spelled and it was supposed to be haldol.

2 Likes

@Natron , halal is the term for food that is religiously allowed for Muslims.

They can’t eat pork and most gelatin comes from pigs so they can’t eat most gelatin,

But they can eat gelatin made from beef

1 Like

@CoCo , are you living in Europe. Best wishes then.

1 Like

No @Aku1 . I’m in the US

Ok , US is very strong.

1 Like

@bowens is probably right not all halal foods will marked

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.