Had to have emergency surgery

I was having awful pain in my abdomen that started around midnight Wednesday night. I thought it was just gas, but no med relieved it. Around 3am I drove to the 24 hour pharmacy to get Gas X which didn’t relieve it. I decided to go to the ER and am glad I did. Turned out I had appendicitis. They did emergency surgery Wednesday afternoon.

I was terrified of the surgery because of my fear of the anesthesia. The anesthesiologist reassured me and gave me something for the anxiety.

I was really surprised I didn’t become psychotic with being awake more than 24 hours. I faced my fear and am glad I did because the doctor said I was hours from my appendix rupturing. Now I’m just very sore so ice and pain meds are my new friends.

The moral is to listen to your body. :sunny:

2 Likes

I am glad that things went well for you @SunGirl.

I had to have Emergency Surgery on my Appendix years ago - I was afraid of the Anasthesia also.

Its always good to hear from you - Now you can take it easy for a while and allow your body to heal.

3 Likes

Thanks Wave!! It was a scary, and surreal situation. Sorry you went through it too. It’s always good to talk to you!! Yes plenty of rest. :sunny:

1 Like

Get well soon! :ambulance:

1 Like

What a situation! Glad you got it resolved! Get well soon!

1 Like

I had my appendix removed three years ago because they thought it was septic, turned out I had a small abscess in my lower intestine, had to go under three days later to fix that.

Emergency surgery is never fun, but at least you’ve got THAT out of the way.

1 Like

Sending hugs and happy thoughts your way.

1 Like

@everhopeful @Minnii @Dremulf @shutterbug Thanks for your kind words! It means a lot! :sunny:

Get well soon, kind of scary.

1 Like

I hope you’re back on your feet soon. Well done facing the anaesthetic!

1 Like

I’m glad you’re getting better. Take it easy for a while and let your body recuperate.

1 Like

@cbbrown @anon84763962 @crimby Thanks so much!! My mom and my boyfriend are taking excellent care of me.
@anon84763962 That was the scariest part. Thanks! :sunny:

i think you were very lucky and very brave you did that, idk what i would have done, lets just hope that nothing like that happens to any of us, glad your ok, :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks daydreamer!! Honestly the pain was so bad I didn’t know what else to do. I hope it doesn’t happen to any of you either but listen to your body. :sunny:

1 Like

Glad you are doing ok-and that you have lots of help.:massage:

1 Like

Thanks!! :sunny:

1 Like