Had a dream that screwed me up a bit

I saw a friend from university in the dream and thought “he’s had an easy life”. The kicker is it’s probably true. I’m not sure why that screwed me up but it did.

I’m sure I’ll get over it.

3 Likes

It is only through the knowledge and experience of true suffering can true happiness be realised. If mediocre ‘happiness’ is all one knows then they can’t know what great happiness is.

I know most would choose mediocre happiness, to not know true unhappiness, however, i beg to differ as the choice was never a choice in the first place.

The highs and the lows often go hand in hand and without the knowledge of both neither can be realised.

Meditation has helped me greatly, perhaps after a month of 20 -40 minutes a day your life could be sonewhat improved. Just my two cents anyway. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @labratmat.

1 Like

Nobody thinks their life is easy. They just lie to others to pretend they’re doing better than they are. I don’t know why.

1 Like

I would like to know how the highly creative yet negative dreams get into our sleep, and if they affect how we feel long-term when we are awake. And we don’t even remember most of our dreams. It seems so unfair.

1 Like

Dreaming and sleep is a process in whcih we rid ourselves of todays memories. If a dream persists it is because the mind thinks of it as unresolved. Most dreams are forgotten and like most events are forgotten and discarded too.

Your mind is a highly creative genius and can imagine anything. i use the dreambible.com to decipher the symbology of my dreams and it is spot on most of the time.

1 Like

I have nightmares that I lost a screwdriver or can’t find my keys. Miniscule things that wouldn’t even be bad in real life.

1 Like

I use to not even dream at all before i started hearing voices then when they started talking to me i started having weird dreams… :scream:

1 Like

Some dreams lend themselves to interpretations that can be very helpful. But also I have had years of dreams that I could not decipher. I think I was having “schizophrenia dreams” which defy interpretation. There seem to be different types of dreams. I looked up the dreambible.com link and checked a dream I had last night and I think it was right. @AndrewJohn you might want to look and see what dreambible.com says about “lose” in terms of your nightmares.
Here is more on dreams: I believe there are at least three major psychic structures of the mind: id, superego, and ego. Some parts of each are conscious and some parts are unconscious. Normally there are walls separating conscious and unconscious parts, at least in theory. In schizophrenia, some walls are damaged and “primary process thinking” (of the unconscious) seems to take over in the waking life. In primary process thinking, symbols can be switched (a boy can represent a girl, for example), two opposites can co-exist as if they were both true, there is extensive symbolic representation, and you can have anything you desire.
I cannot put all this together. But it does interest me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.