Guilt is destroying me

Enough slready, if you’ve done someone wrong, then apologize- and move on.

Chances are the person you thought you’ve done wrong to has no idea what you’re talking about.

Brsides, The only perfect people are called liars.

1 Like

You too. I really hope you can find some peace with these feelings. You don’t deserve to feel that way.

I snapped at one of my bosses. She said ok bye …and then she came back and asked …are you.gonna turn.off the lights. But i got mad at her cause i wanted her to.leave already…and her coming back just to ask me if i was gonna turn off the lights seemed really stupid cause if she said bye it means im the only one there…so ofcouse im gonna turn off the lights…so i said…yes…but in a very bad tone…

I feel bad about it…cause i never snap…im telling myself i didnt want to treat her bad…but actually i dont care less about the bitch…im just scared i will get fired.

Just my opinion, but it’s much easier to treat others a bit more respectfully than it is to deal with all the residual guilt.

remember that the guilt, is mostly uncalled for. it’s blown out of proportion. I often feel incredibly guilty too. as if i’ve done something terribly wrong, just by existing. But nothing you have done is that terrible. you just judge yourself harshly. take it easier on yourself, i’m sure it’s not as terrible as you think xx

1 Like

I’ve found that what I used to term as guilt was largely the fear of what would happen to me as a result of what I did.

@anon10648258, is it possible that some of your perceived guilt is delusional? That used to happen to me, carrying around burdens of guilt that were not mine. I prefer the policy of not “blaming” anyone for anything, including myself. It depends on the extent to which you are free and responsible. If everything we are and do is deterministic, then no one can be held blameworthy.

No blame, no shame.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.