Grains or beans? which do you choose for winter scarcity?

I choose beans. I tolerate them fine. grains give me excess mucous I’ve learned…well I finally figured out what was causing it for me.

I would grow beans in my garden but im not sure it would be worth it. I don’t think I can produce enough in a small space for it to be worth it.

yes this is an odd thread but im bored and it’s on my mind. which would you choose if you could only have one?

storing up your grains is biblical. I reckon we could store beans pretty easily as well.

You can grow a lot of beans in a small ace, but not like the amount you can buy bagged. I have over 25 pounds of dried beans right now.

1 Like

haha thanks for your reply, I thought this thread would be ignored :rofl:

1 Like

Me and my dad get a crap ton of green beans from not that many plants.

1 Like

I’ve never grown beans. will have to give it a go sometime.

1 Like

They grow up and are a vining plant so you’ll need a tall trellis, but they don’t take up that much space at all width wise.

1 Like

I love beans! I also try to reply to your gardening threads.

1 Like

I like both but, I prefer grains over beans. I like my bread, cereals, oats and pasta.

1 Like

I like beans but don’t have room to grow them no yard just apartment patio.

1 Like

I prefer grain over beans as far as what I like to eat, but am aware that beans are healthier.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.