Got on my knees and begged

…for this to be over

1 Like

Well, okay. But I did that, & nothing happened until began to educate myself.

1 Like

Except i have an extremely strong feeling that nothing will help. i really feel like my soul has been permanently taken away from me. lets just say im disturbed. but, good for you honestly, i dont have what it takes to care enough about life anymore to educate myself

Change the word “feel” to “believe.” Then look at this stuff:

2 Likes

Lets put it this way. I KNOW theres no hope. i have brain damage. im just waiting for a possible afterlife.

We all have some level of brain damage - life does that to people.

We just have to keep trying. Things get better - as people like @notmoses will tell you.

1 Like

What kind? Precisely. (Like “gross TBI?”) Because while some forms are difficult to treat, others are not.

specifically i cant listen to an audiobook because my brain wont put the words together… what else beside brain damage could it be? its been like ethis since before meds

i was the smartest kid in class all my life and now i live at home . im sorry. im being too negative. i just dont know

@SzAdmin I havent been on this forum long. is it common for people to rant about how hopeless their situation is?

It happens. Everyone gets negative sometimes. But then - frequently with the help of others on this forum who have been through it themselves and have turned it around - things get better.

Just keep in mind that these are temporary feelings and beliefs people get. And listen to the more positive people on the forums. Lots of people here are doing things they enjoy. For most people, the medications and therapy can really help.

See this recent poll:

1 Like

thank you. my therapist is teaching me to think positive, even though it may not be a cure, ive noticed improvement.

i find darksith and gtx to be very helpful.

1 Like

Can you read visually? A lot of us cannot stay with audio that well (myself very much included) because it’s on the “same channel” as the bloddy Voices. But we can get off that channel and read words on a printed page or a computer screen.

Asking again, do you have a specific dx of traumatic brain injury of some kind? Or are you asserting on the basis of your understandably crappy mental experience of anxiety, depression, etc.?

I can make suggestions on the basis of knowing one way or another that can lead to more effective interaction with your care providers.

As people will tell you here - how you look at things, how you think about things - is very important.

I also recommend you watch this series of videos:

And participate here in the forum. Social interaction helps everyone!

3 Likes

Is he using something like this?

https://duniahartanto.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/ebooksclub-org__learned_optimism__how_to_change_your_mind_and_your_life.pdf

which is this book in a .pdf

http://www.amazon.com/Learned-Optimism-Change-Your-Mind/dp/1400078393

LO is a great introductory experience in CBT for depressives and other severely compromised MH pts.

cool i will look into this

Some videos on Learned Optimism:

and:

1 Like

How about videos? Do they work for you?

Also - have you tried some of the supplements that seem to help with negative symptoms (like the cognitive issues you’ve mentioned - the difficulty putting the words together.)

Here are some supplements that some people say help them with the cognitive problems:

and

I will look into these and ask my psychiatrist about them

Do u think my parents insurance would cover those? Where do u get them?