Google hears us?

My brother bought that ■■■■ for the whole house – even the bathroom. I hope they hear me ■■■■ really loud.

1 Like

You might be naturally paranoid, but this isn’t incorrect.

Some things listen to you and in the terms of service you agree for them to access your speakers or microphones and they listen to you.

Okay, in defense of Alexa, Siri, and others like it, literally one of their features is voice activation. How are they supposed to know when you use voice activation if they’re not listening to you? I get that it seems invasive, which I agree it kind of is, but at the end of the day, you knew what you were getting when you bought it. It’s not the company’s fault you didn’t go through the user manual. If you don’t want Amazon listening to you, then don’t buy an Alexa, end of story.

You don’t need an Alexa for them to spy on you. If you have an active microphone, or I believe they can use speakers as crude microphones, they can still hear what you’re saying, and they tell you that they do this hidden in mountains of pages in their terms of services.

I’ve seen ads on my phone for stuff I only thought of in my mind.
I don’t like big brother at all.

2 Likes

I would never buy Alexa.

3 Likes

My sister tried to put Alexa pods in our home to call 911.
Thankfully they failed.

1 Like

… Yes you do. For them to hack into any speakers or microphones in your home, they would first need to physically find them unless the devices were connected to the internet (I think that’s how it works at least… I’m pulling memories from a CS Principles class I took 3 years ago). And while I’ll admit that TOS are long and painful reads, but it’s because if companies leave anything out, and I mean anything, they’re opening themselves up to potential lawsuits.

Me either, that’s for sure.

edit: and this iPhone is pushing it

1 Like

These things are partly why I have delusions about artificial intelligence. Maybe it’s not a delusion.

1 Like

We’ll they can’t read your mind. I mean that’s pretty out there.

Could be just a nature of probability, since thrones is trending at this time.

1 Like

All my cameras on phone, laptop is glued, so nobody can watch me. It’s a part of the old script.

1 Like

I’m not trying to be rude but there’s a million coincidences that happen around the world every day that are weirder and more unlikely than that. But that’s all they are, coincidences.

About a month ago, I was doing a search on Led Zeppelin. I turned on the radio and a Led Zeppelin song was playing. Does this mean my radio was bugged or that the radio station played that particular song at the request of the FBI or Interpol? Or that Google was reading my mind? Or would the most logical explanation be that it was just a coincidence?

1 Like

Sure. I’ve thought that even before I was certified schiz. Everything I do is watched, listened to but nobody cares on the other end . Haha. If creepy people can do creepy things they will.

1 Like

The question is: what if they’re spying us not just for make us see better ads but for other reason, like a massive surveillance? Because no one knows what they do with our information.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.