Good ideas ... 15

I’m fairly erudite on modern issues. I excel at “general background knowledge”. I have come up with some good ideas just from wandering inside my own mind, like “Walmart going into convenience stores and using Walmart distribution to stock the stores”, “Shipping hay and animal fodder by railroad to places where ranchers need it”, "Using layers of a new material called ‘graphene’ to make bullet proof vests and other forms of armor for the military. Graphene is supposed to be 200 times stronger than steel, "Offering a billion dollar prize to anyone who can find a cost effective way to desalinate sea water. By “cost effective” I mean competitive with the runoff in temperate climates. These idea came to me mainly because I do very little other than keep to myself and daydream. Anybody with the same circumstances could do the same. I think they ought to pay people to have very broad areas of knowledge in their heads and to think and speculate on different uses for technology and for ways to solve problems. Maybe they could do it on a patent type basis, where for every practical idea they came up with they would get a little money from the people who wanted to use it.

1 Like

With the abundance of new technologies and new materials there are a lot of opportunities for new ideas to be exploited.

I’m sure someone is working on those ideas too crimby…you are a deep thinker.

Yes, but there are so many new materials and new technologies that there should be lots of opportunities to come up with new inventions exploiting these things. I believe that with a little study a person could find new ways to exploit them. But yes, there have been times when I thought I discovered something new, but it had been in production a good while. It’s not like you’re going to start reeling off inventions that transform society. If you can just come up with one or two it’s pretty good. Inventers in the past exploited new technology, but they had laboratories. With all the new things coming out a substantial amount of that laboratory work is done for you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.