Going off AD meds

So I posted this in the say anything thread…
But my prescriber and I decided I should stop taking my AD meds… less meds the better she said… so I’m gonna try it out… I’m hoping everything will be fine🤞

7 Likes

What do you mean by AD?
Attention Deficit?

1 Like

Which ones were you taking? I’m on concerta.

1 Like

Nah, antidepressant

She means anti depressant. :butterfly::butterfly::butterfly:

1 Like

Lexapro!

@FatMama

1 Like

Ah.
I hope all goes well.
How long have you been on the AD meds?

1 Like

A little over a year!

And thanks, I’m hoping everything goes okay too

I went off my antidepressant because of a suspicion by my doc that it was causing my high liver enzymes. I haven’t been on one since. That was about 9 months ago I think. I honestly don’t think it made much of a difference in my case. Good luck without your AD.

1 Like

I hope it’s not too tough.
Good luck Human!

1 Like

Good luck @Human

1 Like

I get brain zaps and severe depression without my antidepressants. I’ve gone off them before. I had the brain zaps for several months. It sucked.

But, if you get brain zaps, you can slow down the process of weaning off them and then it’s not as bad.

1 Like

Ah cool cool… that’s good to know!!

She mentioned I never seemed “too depressed” before I was on the antidepressants anyways… so… :woman_shrugging: We shall see.

1 Like

Thanks ares!!:raised_hands:

And thanks @Wave !!

1 Like

Yikes… what do the brain zaps feel like exactly??

Like I’m being electrocuted with electricity shooting through me from my head and shooting out my fingers. Brain zaps are quite common when getting off ADs.

1 Like

Dang… what dose were you on??

I’m only on 10mg so I’m hoping it won’t be too bad if I just quit them…

Not a high dose. And it happened when I stopped multiple different ADs.

1 Like

Dang okay, I’ll be on the look out!

Thanks for the heads up

1 Like

Thats funny because my mom ran out of zoloft for awhile and she was saying how she could feel “electricity in her brain” or something like that. I honestly thought she was being crazy. Good to know.

5 Likes