Coming off meds?

Anyone coming off meds? I’m being slowly whenned off clopixol which I have as an injection every month over the next two years. I’ve had 4 psychotic episodes triggered by cannabis and psychaiatrists don’t think I’ll have another one if I stay drug free.

1 Like

I dont know Didd-lee-squat about what you said or are asking.

Just wanted to stop by to:clap::clap: give you a big pat the back for being clean for two years.

:clap::clap:

Hope you find your answer.

2 Likes

I’m coming off my ap in four days. How long is ur weaning off process? And when will u be off

2 years will be my weaning off process

1 Like

How long is your weaning of process Butterfly?

I think you accidently replied to yourself. try touching the reply arrow on her last post so she knows the topic isnt stale.

1 Like

Mine is six months…

How long were u on ur ap for? I was on mine for 1 year n then the weaning started. Its the minimum amount of time I can be on under my conditions

1 Like

3 years. Do you suffer from any symptoms now. I’m symptom free.

2 Likes

I am symptom free too. Well positives are gone.

Do you have any negative symptoms? I really struggle to wash myself more than twice a week and brush my teeth twice a day.

Yea motivation is an issue for me. So is concentration. I sleep a lot. I find listening to music helps me shower. Have u tried that?
Do u have hobbies and work?

Yeah motivation is an issue for me as well. I find it hard to concentrate on watching a whole TV show. I sleep a lot as well. Used to do more but that’s getting better. I’ll have to try and listen to music to shower. I like writing, music and art. I’m not working but I have an interview coming up to hold workshops in creative writing for disabled artists. Do you work and have hobbies? Has the doctor told you, you have negative symtoms or depression?

2 Likes

Best wishes for the interview that sounds relevant and exciting!
My nurse thinks I have a mixture of depression n negative symptoms but strangely enough I have never asked my pdoc. I will next time I see her.
I like drawing but only in groups not on my own. I am gonna do volunteering before I start work again… I dropped out of work last winter it just got too overwhelming.I am gonna start writing too… it’s more of a therapeutic reflections type thing than anything else.

I’ve tried coming off my antipsychotics a few times, and it always was a disaster. It’s going to be a while before I try that again, if I ever do. I would keep in touch with my pdoc while I came off them if I was you.

Coming off meds generally ranges from pretty rough to totally horrible to dangerous in my experience. I’ve come off of many meds before.

When you first come off meds, your symptoms can be even worse than they were initially. So keep that in mind. I think even if potentially a person could make it off meds, they can’t get through the coming off process due to this and other withdrawal effects and just end up on them forever.

1 Like

I quit Adderall XR 4 days ago… cold turkey… I’m doing ok I think. It’s not like when you quit APs tho. Nothing like that. NOTHING!!

1 Like

I have had a few meds here and there I quit without any noticeable bad effects after. Like Wellbutrin. Honestly that med didn’t do anything when I was on it either, may as well have been a sugar pill! Lol!

Wellbutrin tapering jfc made think I was high that when I saw the black sheet on the ceiling. Focus on getting better!

1 Like

Yeah… lol.:. This Adderall XR only pist me off so coming off of it actually … now this is only day 4… made me feel better to be honest:: and Wellbutrin didn’t do anything to me on or off … but it DOES help a lot of people

1 Like