Schizophrenia.com

Going downhill again

slowed down at work and just could not concentrate. mum phone in the afternoon to tell me dad was not doing well. came home to find him sitting on the floor. Had to call the ambulence to get him up. He’s not getting any better he’s in hospital now.

i stil have not started tegretol

Oh ish, Im sorry that you are going through a rough time.

You are under more stress right now - I hope that your Father gets better.

The Tegretol might help take the edge off of things for you - you might be feeling better.

Are you seeing a therapist? This could help you as well.

Please Hang in there.

2 Likes

thanks @wave. I have still not got round to starting it yet. but i could feel myself slwoing down at work

1 Like

I know it’s tough but you will get through this all the way!

2 Likes

I do also kind of wish you would see a therapist (if you can) @Ish

My memory might be wrong but does you father have cancer? Or some sort of terminal illness. Sorry if I am wrong, my memory thinks that was you who posted about being concerned about living with their terminally ill parent. If that was you, you called it early on that it would stress you out and I think that is happening now, I think you were completely right back then. If that wasn’t you and my brain is goofing up, sorry.

2 Likes

What you’re going through could be a temporary slump. Your dad’s illness is probably affecting you. I’m sorry you’re going through this.

3 Likes

It was me @turnip. My dad has been diagnosed with brain cancer

I thought that was you in that memory file. I can’t imagine going through that kind of stress at home while also trying to stay stable with mental illness, hell I come undone just trying to work at a gas station.

1 Like

I’ve had to ask work to reduce my hours

It’s enough to unravel anyone, mental illness or not.

1 Like

I am so sorry @Ish you deserve a happy life.

3 Likes

I really hope things get better for you and your father ish. You will be in my thoughts and soul. Take care. :heart:

2 Likes

Keep hoping for the best ish. I wish there was something I could do.

2 Likes

There’s no easy way to get through the tough times. I hope you are eating well just to help keep up your physical strength even if you’d rather not.

3 Likes