Getting surgery

Okay so as some of y’all know I have carpal tunnel and I saw the surgeon today and he suggested surger… We then scheduled it for 3/3/22 (that’s next Thursday) I will be put completely out so I’ll go to sleep and when I wake it’ll be done!

14 Likes

Carpal tunnel is pain in the fingers, right?
What does surgery hope to achieve?

Best of luck!

1 Like

Good luck! I hope it works

1 Like

Good luck @Twialine

1 Like

Good luck @Twialine

1 Like

Good luck! I bet you’re excited to get past the carpal tunnel pain. Some good relief!

1 Like

Actually it’s in the wrist joint

2 Likes

It’s all that crochet @Twialine :wink:

I hope the surgery works out well for you

1 Like

@Andrey actually it is where there is inflammation in the wrist compressing the nerves and some blood vessels causing pain, tingling, weakness, and numbness in thumb, pointer finger, middle, and wrist also making it very painful to impossible to move the wrist. The surgery stops most to all symptoms and most say you feel immediate relief.

2 Likes

@anon44466342 @iconoclast_01 @Blossom @anon68444330 @Turtle43 @CoCo @Andrey thanks for all the well wishes everyone! Y’all are great!

7 Likes

Best of luck to you @Twialine!

1 Like

@Wave thanks! I’m not to nervous

1 Like

You’ll be fine dear

1 Like

I had an eye surgery apt but I cancelled. I don’t feel like going to the hospital early in the morning. Its impossible for me to wakeup before 9:30am.

Ouch I hope it goes well for you too, Aziz.

Eyes are so important to me, personally I’d be done for if something were to happen to my eyesight.

1 Like

I have strabismus and sometimes I get eye pain and headache. Its not an emergency as I can see well with one eye but can’t use both eyes at the same time. Maybe I will do the surgery in the summer when I feel better. Thanks.

I have strabismus in my left eye too, but it’s usually controllable. Had it since tender childhood. Only when I am tired do my eyes lose alignment.

1 Like

For me it got worse with time, now they always lose alignment. Its bothering me when driving because of reduced peripheral and depth vision. When I was a kid I could control it a bit and was prescribed eye patches but I never used them. Now the eye Dr said I need surgery as its too late for using eye patches as I am not able to control the alignment.

1 Like

Good luck @Twialine!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.