Getting around

One of the things I find difficult. Not because of my physical fitness( I’m fairly fit for an overweight 59 year old) but because of my poor sense of direction. I tend to panic if faced with going anywhere new/far from home.
That’s one of the things worrying me about the likely move. Will things like the gp , mental health clinic, shops etc be near to where I live or will it involve going some distance from home.
Where I am now everything is near to where I live.
The fear of getting lost and trapped is strong.

I get lost even using a map, but my work I have to go places

I have found that Google Maps is a great tool, I have learned new names of places where I have been in my town.

2 Likes

Out of town here Google maps seems not to work so well, have found myself as much as 10 miles away from where google said it was

I struggle to read maps.

1 Like

I’m 57, and I’m noticing a few lapses in my memory. I’ll start to do something, and then I’ll have to stop for a second while I try to remember what I was going to do. I forget the names of places I should remember. It could be just a little stress, but both my parents died of degenerative brain diseases that were very similar to Alzheimer’s. I’m not too worried about it. I figure I’ll know when my time is up.