Orientating

Got someone coming on Friday to try and help me orientate better outside. The depot nurse who set it up is reckoning on 6 or so sessions. I’m not sure how this is going to work. We’re talking about a chronically poor sense of direction. Without the poor sense of direction I wouldn’t be scared of getting lost and trapped.

3 Likes

I have poor orientating too. Do you have a smartphone @firemonkey ? I use the app Google Maps :world_map:

3 Likes

I have a smartphone one of my granddaughters has lent me. I can only make and answer calls. There is the google maps app but I can’t work out how to use it.

3 Likes

Great! If you have the GPS activated, it should work. It’s simple.

2 Likes

Watch some tutorials, it is easy even my father learned how to use it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would need written instructions that I can go over and over again until it sinks into my head how to use it . A lot has to do with using the phone.

2 Likes

You could ask your granddaughter how to use it. She can teach you.

1 Like

I have a really bad sense of direction, too! Like others, I recommend Google Maps. I would be lost forever without it. Once I learn a route to a place, I will stay in that one route even if I know there is a faster one unless I am feeling particularly adventurous that day.

2 Likes

If only there was a booklet of simple instructions on how to use it. I can’t cope with being told verbally. I know there are sites with instructions , but alas no printer to print them out .

1 Like

Also I have no idea how to type in text for start point and end destination. Totally clueless about using the phone.

1 Like

I have a fear of getting lost or trapped too.
I have google maps but have a difficult time using it.
I know what your going through @firemonkey.

3 Likes

@Wave Thanks. I know people mean well but I really do need idiot proof written instructions when it comes to this sort of thing. Then there is the problem of navigating the keyboard as I’m all fingers and thumbs and keep pressing wrong things. The keyboard is so small and my fingers so clumsy.

2 Likes

Don’t feel too bad about the sense of direction thing @firemonkey.
My friend needs help navigating when she drives. She just has a hard time getting orientated too. There’s nothing wrong with her, she’s as sharp as a tack. She told me she’s always been like that.

1 Like

sounds like a great idea :slight_smile:

did you move home yet firemonkey? hows your new place?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.