Getting a new kid!

We are getting a new kid, and it looks like he will be our forever kid! We met him yesterday and he’s just such a cool person. He’s really nerdy and loves science and technology, he plays the same games as us, and he is on high honor roll at school! He is 13 and has been in care for a few years, but it’s hard out there for teenagers so he hasn’t found a forever home yet. He’s moving in this weekend!!!

44 Likes

Oh, that’s great news! :smile:
I’m sure you’ll make a huge difference in his life, I heard it’s hard for teens to find forever homes

4 Likes

He sounds great! Have you had time to bond with him yet?

2 Likes

Sounds like it will be a good fit, I’m happy for all of you!

2 Likes

I’m glad you didnt have to wait long this time. I’m very happy for you.

1 Like

That’s fabulous! I hope he settles right in.

that’s a good age on your part, not a whole lot of extra care.

1 Like

Great news @Ninjastar! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s great news! Congratulations!

1 Like

YAY! :smiley: :smiley:

@Ninjastar, is the child going to be adopted properly by you, or is he a foster child? Regardless, congrats!

Congratulations from me too!

1 Like

Looks like you’ll have to change your tagline back to #parentlife

1 Like

He’s in foster care for now, but it looks like he will be adoptable soon.

3 Likes

Oh that so so exciting!!! Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Timeframe? Make sure your house is ready. :slight_smile: Not that I think he’ll make a mess, it shows order and structure.

1 Like

We are going to pick out paint colors for his room tomorrow, and he moves in this weekend!

2 Likes

F*ucking hell, congratulations @Ninjastar. That is a very abrupt turnaround. Just from what you said here, he doesn’t sound like a rabble-rouser. You’ll have to tell us all about him and how everything’s going. :smiley:

1 Like

I hope you can adopt him

2 Likes

That’s great! Older children and teenagers have such trouble finding homes. Everyone wants a baby. So good for you helping him out! I hope it works out for all of you.

1 Like

@Ninjastar. If he’s a bona fide geek you can check out Lumosity.com for him. It’s a brain exercise site.

1 Like