Life update

I love being a parent so far. It’s absolutely amazing. Mr. Star has been super helpful and an awesome partner, and helps me make sure my needs are being met. It’s a big adjustment, but so worth it!

I’m feeling very energized today because I got to sleep last night while he stayed up with the kids, plus I was able to go get a haircut! The things that make me excited are much different these days.

42 Likes

Maybe you can adopt those kids.

2 Likes

Do you have a baby or? happy for you.

I have two kids, ages 15m and 4m. I’m a foster parent, hopefully soon to be an adoptive parent.

7 Likes

how lovely. Have u had them for a long time?

1 Like

You’re doing great! I wish all fosters had foster parents like you and your husband.

2 Likes

About three weeks so far. Not long, but long enough

1 Like

I’m glad it’s going so well @ninjastar!!! Parenthood is such a blessing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

So glad it’s going well @ninjastar . So exciting for you and yours and good to hear your on top of things. Wishing you all the best!

1 Like

Congrats, hope it all goes well for you. Sounds like a very exciting time!

1 Like

There was a lady at my church whose daughter looked exactly like her. Come to find out that child was adopted. As a matter of fact all three of her kids were adopted but you’d never know it bc they look like their parents. Their oldest son was born in Russia but has dark hair and eyes like his dad.

1 Like

I’m adopted and no one ever knew cause I was every bit as tall and skinny as my dad. We had the same hair too. He never treated me like I wasn’t his. It’s really cool of you to be a foster parent ninjastar. There needs to be more good foster parents like you. Kids are amazing.

4 Likes

My kids definitely don’t look anything like either of us. We aren’t the same race. That’s okay though. I don’t mind people knowing they’re not biologically ours. If I did, I wouldn’t adopt.

1 Like

I’m glad to hear it’s going well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good to read such a nice update.
You sound happy.
Good stuff!:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.