Genesight reliabilty

Has anybody used the genesight company to analyse their DNA against medication profiles?

The company tests and matches up the DNA with appropriate meds and ones that aren’t suitable, and thus takes the guesswork out of which med is more likely to work and which won’t, lessening the side effect profile, and viabilty.

I am in the UK, so don’t have access to this test and have contacted them to see if it could work somehow. I await their reply.

https://genesight.com/product/

2 Likes

We dont have such facilities in Nepal…U guys are lucky…!!! Take care man…!!! Are u stable now.

It is for USA, whereas I am in the UK.

I am stable now , thanks.

1 Like

Sounds like a great test. I’d like to take it but not sure if insurance would cover it. I should ask my mental health team to check into it for me.

I heard back and it is not available for uk.

If you go to the site it says medicaid covers it free. Don’t know if it helps.

“Medicare or Medicaid — If you have a traditional Medicare or Medicaid plan, your cost is $0
Medicare Advantage, Employer or other insurance may expect you to cover a portion of the cost. Plans vary, but the typical cost is $330 or less. If it’s more, we will contact you before we process your test. That’s the Assurex Health Promise.
Uninsured — Please contact us to find out how we can help.”

I had a test done in US. Didn’t show much. Good to know though.

From what I have read there’s some utility but it’s not perfect, probably because there’s just not enough data yet.