For once I can't sleep

I would be doing so much better right now if I could just sleep. I have no idea why my sleep has been so horrible these past few weeks. I thought it was just mania but my mood has not really been all over the place anymore since I got to taking my meds regularly again.

The only thing that has been putting me to sleep has been my seroquel but the issue is it does not keep me asleep at all. The most I have been able to sleep at a time in 3 weeks now is barely 3 hours straight. That’s it. This has been how my sleep schedule has been looking:

4 am wakeup, back asleep around 9 or 10 am until noon or 1 ish. I then spend the day in a half awake haze until around 5 or 6 pm where my brain seems to fully wake up. Take seroquel around 8 pm. Fall asleep at 9 pm. Wake up at midnight. I can either get up then or try to go back to sleep but if I do try to go back to sleep it is a very unrestful sleep and I wake up every hour.

It’s a nightmare. I’m always exhausted but can’t ever really sleep. I just don’t get it.

summary: I feel like my mood is more or less back to normal now but I am still struggling with severe insomnia and it’s rough :frowning:

1 Like

I wake up every 90 mins during the night. Still I feel rested in the morning. It’s because I’m such a vivid dreamer. I used to be annoyed by this but I have learnt to live with it.

2 Likes

I have had a lot of crap from doctors, counselors, therapists, and psychologists about how easy it is to get into healthy sleeping.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.