Final words of mom before she died after eating mushrooms at sushi joint

4 Likes

Geez. That’s awful …

3 Likes

Oh wow. I suspect the restaurant received a bad batch of mushrooms and they didn’t know any better when they served them. I would be devastated if I was one of the chefs. The restaurant is done, that’s for sure.

1 Like

Why in the world would people eat toxic mushrooms? Morel mushrooms are toxic when raw. I understand that cooking them supposedly removes the toxin, but why risk it? Aren’t there plenty of other edible mushrooms available?

4 Likes

Ive eaten fried morels when I was a kid growing up I didnt know they were toxic raw Im glad Grandma cooked them lol

4 Likes
2 Likes

Well I learned something new. Never used that ingredient.

2 Likes

I’ve been eating morels since I was a little kid. They grow in my backyard practically. I’ve also heard they’re poisonous if not cooked completely. Wow. Poor thing

2 Likes

Maybe they thought they were using shiitake mushrooms.

2 Likes

oh how awful…so sad.

2 Likes

Morels have a unique appearance. I think it would be difficult to confuse it with another mushroom.

2 Likes

Honestly this should come with a Trigger Warning

2 Likes

Gosh that’s sad. I’m glad I hate mushrooms.

2 Likes

Are you saying that in reference to the pic of the mushrooms?

What with the holes, I am particulalry disgusted of this pic too…

Damn trypophobia!

3 Likes

Yes I too have trypophobia but I was referring to the content of the article itself

2 Likes

Morels do taste really good fried but people are getting sick from them makes me not want to hunt for them this year

3 Likes

You just have to make sure they’re thoroughly cooked

3 Likes

A woman at work recently told me they call them molly moochers in West Virginia.

3 Likes

Yep. We call them Molly Moochers. Idk why but we do

3 Likes

Poor lady. Sushi can be a risk no matter what.

1 Like