Fighting for sleep

First post. I’m here because I can’t sleep… and I think I need to talk to other people who have this disease and get all of your fighting for sleep kung fu skills.

On any given night I take geodon 20mg (day dose is 40) temazepam 7.5mg ativan 2mg 3 tylenol PM’s and… sometimes I sleep. I never feel rested but I never quite feel tired. It’s like being manic but… milder? Like right now I feel wide awake but I know I need to sleep. I’m essentially tranquilizing myself with all this medication which probably isn’t healthy but I don’t know what else to do.

Regular life is going well, and I think that’s responsible for it. I’ve become accustomed to things falling apart regularly and I feel like I’m “due” for something horrible to happen. I really just want to sleep.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Jer

Welcome to the forum! When I was on Geodon literally nothing helped me sleep. I had to switch meds. That said, I still have trouble falling asleep but I now take Doxepin at night and it helps me fall asleep. I tried other old school antidepressants first and they didn’t work. The clinic I go to doesn’t allow patients to have typical sleep aids. That’s why I tried old school antidepressants. Doxepin works. I hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.