Favourite smells?

I think smell is an under-rated sense. What’s your favourite smell? Do you have a favourite perfume? (Just so you know, I only wear my perfumes in my apartment so I don’t make others sick :wink: ) My favourite is Princess by Vera Wang (I got it for half price!). I like the smell of new books too.

Do you like cooking smells such as a freshly baked pizza or cheese buns? Do you like the smell of coffee? What about cinnamon, vanilla, or peppermint? Do you prefer flower smells? If so, what kind? Do you like fresh cut grass or pine trees?

3 Likes

I love the smell of White Linen perfume as it reminds me of my mum. I haven’t seen or spoken to her since my last hospital visit a year ago. She has worn this same perfume for years.

1 Like

I have a Febreeze spray that smells like fresh linen. It’s very nice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Witch Hazel

1 Like

Does witch hazel smell a bit like tea tree oil? I can’t remember. :thinking:

1 Like

Nope. I don’t think so. I don’t know to explain the smell. It’s nice though to me.

1 Like

Dettol Disifectant.

I put a drop in the bath when i have one. No lol - it doesnt take your skin off, but its great for killing the germs on your body. It was a trick i learnt when i was homeless.

1 Like

My favourite deodorants always disappear from the shelf. But certain soaps are still around.

1 Like

Fresh cooked donuts :doughnut:

2 Likes

tomatoes on plants

3 Likes

I use perfume on daily basis when I work or go out. I like different ones, but for the moment I only have one perfume can’t afford more. I use it up in two months.

2 Likes

I love cinnamon. I buy the 2 pound bags of cinnamon sticks and then boil a handful on the stove. It smells really good. I also have a diffuser with cinnamon oil but it’s not as strong.

I have one of those automatic plug in room fresheners in the bathroom, right now it has vanilla in it, but I have all kinds of smells for it like pine forest, and mixed floral, I also love my bathroom spray, it’s pure orange, really good stuff.

Nothing can beat the smell of vanilla cupcakes baking, or any treats baking really. I love to bake and a home is always more homey with something good in the oven.

3 Likes

I never thought of doing that with cinnamon. I might give it a try. :slight_smile:

I used to love vanilla cupcakes. :smile: Yummy!

3 Likes

you can get the big bags of cinnamon on Amazon

1 Like

I like the smell of frankincense…when we clean up the house and everything is cleaned and in order, I sometimes light up some frankincense with this little candle stove I have…If the place is disorganized or unclean I don’t do it.

1 Like

i like the smell of rosemary cooking, when added to a dish.

2 Likes

Jasmine, I like my jasmine green tea.

4 Likes

Bacon cooking in the morning. Flowers in the spring. The air after a rain shower.

3 Likes

You shouldn’t do that @Naarai . Some germs on your skin are bad but the vast majority are not. You don’t want to kill off all the bacteria on your skin. Not good.

1 Like

Lilacs, fresh sheets and bacon LOL

2 Likes