Favorite Mathematician?

Right now, Kurt Gödel. He was crazy, knew Einstein, and was into Logic. He proved a lot of important stuff about math.

4 Likes

Go on learn math, you can do it this is your passion :slight_smile:

3 Likes
3 Likes

Super genius. I don’t know much about him. He’s a physicist. I heard of the uncertainty principle though. Pretty cool stuff.

2 Likes

I like computer programming too. We should both program for a living. Math can be complicated and stressful. I admire the beauty of it though.

1 Like

Go for what you like more

I forgot all math I learned at school

I can’t wrap my head around “complicated stuff” anymore like Godel’s incompleteness theorems or Alan Turing’s computability stuff like the halting problem in computer science. I was a C student in college mostly. I think front-end development MIGHT be doable for me someday. I just got to figure things out and get better.

2 Likes

Albert Einstien

2 Likes

The smartest man who ever lived, IMO.

And for our self-taught friends:

3 Likes

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Forbes_Nash_Jr.

4 Likes

Rene Descartes. The dude was a riot at parties, the life of the party. He would get drunk and do hilarious, dead-on impressions of Copernicus and Newton being difficult when they couldn’t find a barber anywhere.

3 Likes

The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle :heart_eyes:

1 Like
1 Like

What about John Nash? Didn’t he invent some type of mathmatics?

1 Like

Gosh. I’m not sure. Though I cannot name anyone specific I think fractals are the bomb.

You know John Nash. The famous schizophrenic.

1 Like

You might like this guy. He’s known for the Mandelbrot Set, one of the most beautiful objects in mathematics.

2 Likes

Isaac Newton. He invented calculus and had mental illness.

2 Likes