Favorite kung fu movie

Netflix has a bunch of new chinese fantasy movies. The only drawback is that they are only subtitles. What’s your favorite kung fu movie? I love Legend of Drunken Master and I am in love with Donnie Yen. He’s so awesome.

1 Like

Enter the Dragon with Bruce Lee.
A classic!

1 Like

I’ve never watched much kung fu. but do like two of the movies mentioned. enter the dragon, and legend of drunken master.

2 Likes

This is my favorite Wushu movie. It might be related to Kung Fu. I’m really not sure.

1 Like

The force of one. Chuck Norris 70’s movie. I guess I’m dating myself. :joy:

One of my more recent favorites is called Little Big Soldier. It stars Jackie Chan and is set in ancient China. It contains a good amount of humor but Jackie Chan shines in this movie. It legitimately made my eyes watery. I recommend it to anyone who is a fan of Chinese cinema or anyone who is interested in Chinese culture. I won’t spoil it for you! It was on Netflix. I don’t know if it still is.

2 Likes

Kung fu Hustle! So rediculous, it’s amazin!

1 Like

Kung Pow! Enter the Fist is one of my favorites because of how awful and goofy it is.

3 Likes

I agree,

Kung Fu Hustle was hilarious.

The Landlady really made the movie.

1 Like

Jet Lee and jacky Chan both have many Kung Fu movies. The older movie is better.

1 Like

Kung fu panda
Lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Kung fu hustle or Kung Pow! Enter the Fist

Iron Monkey is really incredible, definitely my fav kung fu movie. Saw it on VHS back in the day. Tarantino re released it for North America but maybe they couldn’t get the rights for the music or the original taped audio was no good. The new soundtrack they used is nowhere near as good as the original version, but its still a great movie.

1 Like

Circle of Iron. Crazy film about enlightenment and martial arts that was written or produced by Bruce Lee. David Carradine stars as like the teacher who is a blind martial artist who uses a flute as a bo staff. It has people dressed as monkeys doing monkey style Kung fu. It’s fun, original and it’s one of those great, cheap movies that are really good and usually on at 2 in the morning!

2 Likes

Modern era king fu I’d say Kill Bill vol. 1 and 2.

Jackie Chan was my favorite martial artist though. Haha, his cartoon was epic!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.