The best movie i have watched in a long time

the Japanese tried to take the riches of shaolin by any means… when brute force failed the ninja were called in… it has everything a good kung fu flick needs… including terrible English dubbing… and as a bonus the sub job is even worse… at one point one char introduces himself as “shite”… hilarious… the kung fu is the most impressive pre bruce lee style I have ever seen… and you learn some very Buddhist very sacred knowledge form an exchange between the abbot of shaolin and the japanese monk the Japanese want to replace him with… the story is very sun tsu… I cant recommend this movie more highly…

@Rhubot is actually in this movie as the abbot of shaolin…its true check out the imbd…

2 Likes

I love kung fu movies! I haven’t seen a good one in a while. Though I did just rewatch Kung Pow a couple months ago. I’ll have to check this one out. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

kung pow is so bad… so bad… that Its awesome… have you watched kung fu hustle?

My friend in middle school used to love kung fu movies. I watched a lot of these movies just to satisfy him.

1 Like

Oh gosh, not since high school. Have you seen Kung Fury? It’s like awful kung fu movie meets 80’s sci-fi.

1 Like

yes I was upset because it wasn’t longer… have you watched warlords with jet li ? or little soldier with Jackie chan… they are both Chinese period epics… from the various warring periods in their history…

I haven’t seen either! Are they on Netflix?

1 Like

I saw Little Big Soldier with Jackie Chan on Netflix a few years ago. Not sure if it’s still on there. I thought it was a great movie. Have you seen Shaolin Soccer yet flameoftherhine? I recommend it if you like Kung Fu comedies.

1 Like

I just watched warlords on Netflix… both movies may make you cry though… Chinese drama is very good about making you feel happy laughter awe and sadness…

1 Like

shaolin soccer was done by the same kung fu troop who did kung fu hustle… ive been waiting on them to make another movie… oh they did a journey to the west movie its also hilarious and good…

the whole movie is very good…

1 Like

I’ve seen Journey to the West. It is very funny. The hero is an oddball drifter. It has great acting even if I don’t know Mandarin.

1 Like

i just watched another journey to the west movie… called monster hunter… the quirky main char in the story has a bad leg and ends up swallowing a monster egg and being pregnant with it… its a dude… the birthing scene is too funny… its on Netflix… correct me if im wrong… but is the main char goku in the journey to the west?

1 Like

I looked it up on imdb. It may be a more traditional spelling of Goku. What I do remember reading is that A Journey to the West is an old saga and that the creator of Dragonball was inspired by it. I guess the Monkey King had something to do with the saga and he was an inspiration for Goku. The movie is based of that saga.

1 Like

its a Buddhist story… a monk the monkey and the pig make the journey i think… i think dragon ball had a pig char…krillin was the monk and goku of course is the monkey king…

1 Like

Yup. It’s been awhile since I saw Dragonball. I used to watch it in Spanish and there definitely was a pig. Lol

1 Like

It is good, be grateful for everything, if you can watch movies it is a method to pass the time,
my chief methods to pass the time are this forum and playing chess, I am grateful that I can participate here
and play chess, at least at a certain level.
You can be grateful that you can watch and enjoy movies.

2 Likes

the path to happiness is all around us… its nice when you know what you like and can enjoy it… if you find a website where we can play chess with each other i would be grateful to learn from you…my chess game is ok but def not prof level…

chess 24, it’s free and you can play humans/computers, great stuff.It quickly finds a human pairing(within seconds)
and you can play with a variety of time controls.
I don’t enjoy it in particular but hey, who cares, my goal is staying alive and playing there is much better than nothing,
so grateful even if I don’t enjoy it and not play too well.
If I get cured one day I will be a much better player and enjoy it more.

1 Like

It was Moana! very uplifting and simply beautiful. Liked the characters and the main idea very much

1 Like

I really like how they portrayed the monks… the students were kind of impulsive =… and the last fight the abbot had I like how he huffed when presented with either I kill myself or you have a match with me… and the competition between the Japanese shaolin monks and the Chinese monks was amazing… I really enjoyed the staff style monk… it was fast powerful and very funny it is based upon the monkey kings style… im glad you liked it enough to respond…