Fathers day in the US

Just a reminder that Father’s day is June 19th in the US. Holidays like Mother’s day and Father’s day tend to creep up on me. I usually end up buying gifts late. They don’t have as much fanfare as some holidays. So, just a friendly reminder for those that plan to buy gifts or celebrate in some way. It’s coming soon.

9 Likes

According to my calendar on my iPhone. Father’s Day is tomorrow here.

I’m not really into ‘artificial’ holidays.

2 Likes

I’m going to my Dads house for Father’s Day. I’m looking forward to it

4 Likes

These days were created to boost sales in retail.

5 Likes

And by the responses on this forum their marketing strategy is working :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

These retail holidays are a big deal in the US. Guess it helps the economy.

I am a believer why not be thankful, love your parents, valentine partner everyday of the year. Etc.

5 Likes

If I had to spend money on all these holidays, it would be a serious dent in my budget.

I prefer to not start with it.

3 Likes

We only celebrate Mother’s day in my culture. Never heard of Father’s day until I immigrated to Canada.

3 Likes

Where did you come from?

3 Likes

From the middle east, Syria.

3 Likes

I don’t mind that there’s a day set aside to celebrate people. Sometimes that’s the only break they get all year, if they do get one.

I got my husband a grill from a couple we know that got a new one, a new mug, and a shirt from a show he likes. I also plan on cooking him a nice meal.

5 Likes

I got my dad a nice card…all I could do except text him on Father’s Day.

3 Likes

I will just buy my dad a scratch ticket. He is way too hard to buy for otherwise.

3 Likes

Every year on Father’s Day I have to remember why I’m actually so happy that my father is dead.

1 Like

It was expensive, but I bought some Cuban cigars for me and my step dad to smoke on fathers day

Will be a real treat!

Says on the website they take 40 mins to smoke!

1 Like

What makes a holiday real?

1 Like

It’s a holiday where people don’t have to work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.