Father’s Day

Anybody got plans for Father’s Day?

I’ve never been so excited for a Father’s Day… my husband and I are gonna announce to EVERYONE our pregnancy, I got my dad a couple presents as well. It is also my husbands and I one year anniversary that day🥳 so we’re gonna go the city to get food at a seafood boil place…

15 Likes

No plans for me. I don’t really talk to my dad much.

4 Likes

Aw sorry monte☹️

I should have mentioned in my post an apology for those who aren’t close with their dads.

1 Like

No worries! :slight_smile: it’s not your fault. I know my dad loves me but I think he’s just baffled by schizophrenia.

1 Like

In my household, every father’s/mother’s day and birthday we order food from wherever that person wants it from.

3 Likes

Ah, that’s a bummer…

I can get that though, my dads pretty disappointed I ended up sz too…

1 Like

Oh that’s pretty fun!:slightly_smiling_face:

@Headspark

Do you know yet where you’ll be getting food on Sunday?

1 Like

Thank you for the reminder. I just ordered my dad a set of tin snips. He was needing them when he worked on our gutters and didn’t have a pair so I think it something he will like.

1 Like

My parents are not disappointed in me being schizophrenic, they have been very loving and caring, but I know my mom is disappointed she doesn’t have grandchildren.

I don’t know yet, my dad hasn’t decided what he wants for dinner yet.

1 Like

Niceeee @Bowens

I’m sure he will appreciate that!

2 Likes

it’s not that he’s disappointed in me per say… just in the illness.

He’s been very supportive, if he wasn’t he wouldn’t let me live at his place.

1 Like

well actually my sister mistook father’s day for yesterday, so she had dad over for brunch at her house and they celebrated already. i think more than likely next sunday we will go to a restaurant or dad will grill out. that’s about it. mom doesn’t like to go places for mother’s day or her birthday though, so we never do anything other than make a meal. i didn’t get my dad a gift this year, but o well.

2 Likes

That’s pretty funny😅 oops on your sisters part!

But ah, that’s coool!

It’s not too late to get a present through Amazon or something… you don’t have to of coarse! just a suggestion.

1 Like

Never celebrated a father’s day, but congrats on your announcement, that will be a good thing to go with the holiday.

1 Like

Yeah my dad will be excited (I hope)
Also gonna tell my husbands family…

Sorry to hear btw :frowning:

Congratulations and what a fun father’s day for you and your partner.

My parents always put their girlfriends/boyfriends wife’s/husbands before me in huge ways and they didn’t love me much.
There was some abuse too.
I love them unconditionally and will probably send my dad a card or call him if I remember it’s fathers day and don’t miss it.

1 Like

I don’t really know what I want to do for Father’s day. He’s said some pretty mean things to me, so I kind of don’t want to gift anything. But if I do that he might just feel like saying more mean things and being pissy. Feels like either way I end up feeling bad.

1 Like

I always dread father’s day. I’ll have to call him, but I’d rather dismiss it altogether. At least he gets a day to feel good about being a shtty father.

2 Likes

My dad is a piece of sh-it. He verbally and even once physically, abused my mom. He also abuses animals. Im not getting him anything for fathers day.

3 Likes

Thank you🤧

And ah, I gotcha… sorry you and your parents don’t have the best relationship and I’m sorry they mistreated you

1 Like